News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NC(ar)D

Started by juansolo, February 16, 2016, 06:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I've actually had it a couple of days now, but I've only just cleaned it up and taken some photos. I sold my Porsche before xmas and the Merc developed a fault and that's gone too (to a friend who's an ex-RAF jet mechanic, so it's shouldn't be too much of an issue for him). I needed a car...

I've come to the realisation that MX-5's suit me, where I drive and how I drive on the road. So I've bought a 5 year old one with a foldy metal (well plastic) roof.

Shiny:

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

Congrats and wish you many happy miles
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

nzCdog

Very nice.  Tiptronic gear box?  Had a drive in an earlier nodel than yours, it was a hoot

SmoothAction

Classy as can be. I want to go to there.

I'm going to throw a molotov cocktail at my 98 Chevy Prism now. Not sure if that would be a waste of vodka or a waste of the car.

It'd be a waste of vodka, obviously.

Congrats!

selfdestroyer

That looks all kinds of fun.

Cody

kgull

Noice! I've fallen in love with Mazda's, have a little 4-banger Protege 5 myself. Fun little car.

Would love to get my hands on an MX5 even though I'm 6'5" and would have to basically fold myself in half to fit :-\

Basically the perfect daily driver coupe IMO.

playpunk

Nice! I've been driving a 3 since 2009 and it is just a good little car. Has some zip to it too. Yours looks like more fun.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: nzCdog on February 16, 2016, 06:54:53 PM
Very nice.  Tiptronic gear box?  Had a drive in an earlier nodel than yours, it was a hoot

Can only get manuals here as far as I'm aware. Only way to get an auto usually is to import a Japanese one.

Quote from: kgull on February 16, 2016, 07:41:39 PM
Would love to get my hands on an MX5 even though I'm 6'5" and would have to basically fold myself in half to fit :-\

I'm 5'11" and it's ok on me. Much taller and I think you'll be in trouble. They're quite snug.

matmosphere

Quote from: juansolo on February 16, 2016, 09:08:46 PM

Can only get manuals here as far as I'm aware. Only way to get an auto usually is to import a Japanese one.

Nice ride! IMHO, thats okay. Why buy a car that is fun to drive if it doesn't have a clutch? More to the point, why buy any car unless it has a clutch? When my wife had to replace her car I convinced her to get a CX-5 because it was the only car like that with a manual transmission.

Although I did drive an all electric once, obviously an automatic, but it was a fun car to drive. I would imagine those Teslas are even more fun.

juansolo

Cars are predominantly manuals in the UK. Autos are mainly for luxury cars. It's always been that way here for some reason. Though they are getting a lot more popular since the dual clutch stuff started turning up.

AntKnee

I'm a little jealous. I parted ways with a Honda S2000 a little while back. I miss that feeling of performance driving with the open air of a convertible.
Is that your house?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

EBRAddict

Quote from: AntKnee on February 16, 2016, 11:52:23 PM
Is that your house?

If so we'd have to change his user name to "his lordship"  ;D

AntKnee

Ha! Just noticed the "No Parking" sign right behind where the car is parked.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

culturejam

Nice!

My mother-in-law has a friend who has this cherry MR-2 she bought like 10 years ago (or actually maybe more) and only drives it occasionally. It's got like 35k miles on it.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

Nice car :) never liked the look of the 911 -- they always looked to me like the world's fattest man sat on the front bonnet, and all the mass of the car shifted to the back like a stress ball on wheels.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website