News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my neutrino (AKA Fire Watch)

Started by jtn191, July 03, 2011, 12:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

Here's my new Neutrino, dubbed "Fire Watch" for my summer job (...which funds this GASy addiction  ;D). It was built to "burst" specs--I will record demos since there aren't any (many?) for this circuit.

I tried a few different things: side DC jack (inspired by Madbean's quadrovibe), covered it in a safety vest (kinda inspired by sgmezei's fabric work), first build with a battery clip. Maybe next time I'll think a bit more about wiring my led...

Oh and regarding clear coat, do you guys use thicker, acrylic based stuff?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Ohh nice job! I too like putting the DC jack on the side, something I got from BYOC kits. I used spray can acrylic, don't pay attention to the brand but I believe I bought Rusto 2x coat for something like $3. Sgmezei uses modpodge to coat his, you could always try that stuff. I plan on getting some of that and giving it a go soon!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Cool man... very 'punk!'  8)
I use the generic 'non-yellowing' acrylic spray cans from the local store, seems to go ok for me

vinnie

That is the most original stompbox I've ever seen, really, it has remind me my youth listening the Sex pistols, Damned, Stiff Little Fingers, Sham 69, The Professionals ......

I don't wanna holiday in the sun, I wanna go to the new Belsen, I wanna see some history, 'Cause now I got a reasonable economeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=227m9lw5CcI
Still a punk at heart.

Cheers

jtn191

wow I appreciate nice words. I guess I've always been a punk at heart--digging bands like The Replacements, The Minutemen, Television, and The Only Ones

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jtn191 on July 06, 2011, 09:28:07 AM
wow I appreciate nice words. I guess I've always been a punk at heart--digging bands like The Replacements, The Minutemen, Television, and The Only Ones

D Boon is soo amazing. That's one artist I wish I could've seen perform live.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

vinnie

This is thebest F***ing looking pedal I've ever seen, I wanna built one like yours right now, I wanna, wanna, wanna be someone, wanna be someone, wanna be meeeeeeeeee  ;)

Really the only thing that is missing is a pair of safety pins like this
http://www.patientmedia.com/reports/images/safetypin.jpg

And a pair of creepers in your shoes!!!

The Only Ones AHHHHHH MAN!!! surely you know the starjets too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGfDWq7AZgg

Did not know about D Boon and The Minutemen, thanks for sharing, I am listening right now "This Ain't No Picnic" at youtube.

About your clearcoat question, Yes you have to use acrylic stuff, because other laquers have solvents that will destroy the plastic parts (think about decals). Where did you get this f***ing grille? I want 2 yards!!

Cheers to all of you old punk rockers!

jtn191

demos up in the demo section

And you can find the orange mesh by ebay-ing "safety vest"