News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny wiring- use of 3pdt switch board

Started by stellablue, February 03, 2016, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellablue

Hello, it looks like my Mudbunny board is from an erlier version. I would love to use a 3pdt switch board to wire this up. The pads on the board say sw-in-gnd-out. On the left side of the board is the 9v and gnd. Where does the wire from the SW pad go? Transistors are Russian KT3102 which is why they are backwards. I also used all mylar and Russian kd521 diodes to give it some original character.

stellablue

I see in this picture from another thread, the SW pad is left empty. I'll give that a go and see if this sucker comes to life.

Jebus

Hey!

The SW is for switching the LED and it is supposed to connect to the switched ground on the 3PDT switch. You have couple different options on the wiring: if your 3PDT board has place for LED you can use that instead of the one in the PCB or you can mount the LED to the Mudbunny PCB and run a wire from SW to the switching ground of your 3PDT board. :)

stellablue

So if I mount the led on the 3pdt switch board, I can leave the SW pad empty, correct? Thanks for the help.

Jebus

Quote from: stellablue on February 03, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
So if I mount the led on the 3pdt switch board, I can leave the SW pad empty, correct? Thanks for the help.

Yes, that is correct. You can also omit R25 (but don't need to since you probably have already soldered it in). Its the current limiting resistor for the LED.