News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Acoustic Reverb?

Started by GammaFlex, January 25, 2016, 05:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GammaFlex

So I'm looking for a nice simple reverb for my church acoustic rig. Was curious if anyone else here has one that they've used alot, not looking to do overly etheral but it'd be a nice ability. My current sound is just so dry so I want to spruce it up a bit.

I currently use an LR Baggs M1A with a Para DI going into the PA. The DI has an effects loop and that is where I'd be using the reverb.

Jabulani Jonny

Dude, the GrindCustomFX Tenebrion is phenomenal.  It is one of the few pedals on my church board that is always on.  You will not be sorry. 

Check it:  http://www.grindcustomsfx.com/product/gcfx-tenebrion-reverb-v2-2/
Jonathan

m-Kresol

I'm using the 1776 Rub-A-Dub reverb. Easy to build, just one knob. It's one of those builds that stick to your board.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

gordo

I haven't bought a pedal in a long time now but was really impressed with the little TCElectronics HOF mini.  Great sounding, bonehead simple to use, and you can change presets with your phone.  I'd normally go the DIY route but this one got me.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Drew Hallenbeck

The only reverb I've built so far is the Mood Ring from Bean. Might not be the simplest reverb available but it sounds damn good.
I have the Rub-a-Dub Deluxe from 1776 waiting to be built right now. I'm also looking forward to Brian's upcoming 1590G reverb project.......
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

GammaFlex

The TC electronic is nice for ease of use. It would be nice to have some more variety so I'll see what I can find in the Tenebrion, I don't have parts to build anything but I might just get the parts I need and build that single one. thanks for the suggestions.

gordo

More variety? It'll do spring, ambient, slapback...

The downside, unless I haven't figured it out yet, is lack of tails.  It's so crazy flexible that it hasn't bothered me.  This goes against the DIY ethos though and the only reason I mention it is that it's way MORE flexible than the currently available lot.  I've built most of the available boards out there (I hate spring reverb) and wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them.  They all have a slightly different flavor but the bottom line is that I'm not a big fan of the brick.  I'm hoping the Spin chip opens up a few different projects but so far the TC has been a far easier path.  I've put my DIY energies elsewhere.

I'm picking my battles :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

HamSandwich