News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

darkside

Started by cjkbug, June 29, 2011, 09:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

here is my darkside build that I'd put together last year. I used carbon comps where available. and bc549 transistors. I really like the tone of this one. I might try building another without the bass reduction mods,and some tweaks to add more sweep to the tone control. I made a gothic style decal as a play on the circuits name.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

plesur

That's a sweet looking build, inside and out.  8)

sprayfe

every time i see one of your builds I wanna quit :)

You rock and are an inspiration!

nzCdog

Quote from: sprayfe on June 29, 2011, 09:39:54 PM
every time i see one of your builds I wanna quit :)

lolz... yup

You need to start building in transparent enclosures to show off that wiring and those mojo components  ;)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

If only the circuit board was black or orange!!
Ill say you got all the tricks down! 8)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Analog Design Audio

NICE BUILT DUDE , MAY I ASK HOW IT IS CALLED THIS ORANGE FOAMY THINK YOU USE ? MANY THAKS MICHAEL

JakeFuzz

Quote from: carpediemgr on July 04, 2011, 07:48:58 PM
NICE BUILT DUDE , MAY I ASK HOW IT IS CALLED THIS ORANGE FOAMY THINK YOU USE ? MANY THAKS MICHAEL

Could be a Sham-Wow  ;D  now sham-wow really does do everything!

Analog Design Audio

Quote from: JakeFuzz on July 04, 2011, 07:53:57 PM
Quote from: carpediemgr on July 04, 2011, 07:48:58 PM

Could be a Sham-Wow  ;D  now sham-wow really does do everything!

:) thought it was something deferent lol , i will ask some from my wife from the kitchen so :)
thanks again :)

Seiche

someone likes orange  ;)

great stuff! too bad no one's gonna see that build. maybe use a plastic back cover :)

cjkbug

Quote from: Seiche on July 04, 2011, 08:12:11 PM
someone likes orange  ;)

great stuff! too bad no one's gonna see that build. maybe use a plastic back cover :)
you just saw it, didn't you.

Seiche

Quote from: cjkbug on July 05, 2011, 03:08:05 AM
Quote from: Seiche on July 04, 2011, 08:12:11 PM
someone likes orange  ;)

you just saw it, didn't you.
you know what i mean  ;)

JakeFuzz

Are those StratWhiz's secret 1n60's? Haha, man that guy sure stirred up some shit over at FSB. I am going to be building this soon, did you experiment with the combo of silicon and germ clippers?

cjkbug

Quote from: JakeFuzz on July 05, 2011, 07:29:15 AM
Are those StratWhiz's secret 1n60's? Haha, man that guy sure stirred up some shit over at FSB. I am going to be building this soon, did you experiment with the combo of silicon and germ clippers?
secret 1n60's? do tell.

JakeFuzz

Quote from: cjkbug on July 05, 2011, 08:01:16 AM
Quote from: JakeFuzz on July 05, 2011, 07:29:15 AM
secret 1n60's? do tell.

Haha, stratwhiz was just this persistent troll over at FSB who claimed he had done all this research getting his G-2 to sound spot on to the original and claimed that he found these magic diodes that made his G-2 sound miraculous but when asked where he got them and the electrical specifications he spitefully withheld the information and started to bash some of the good FSB folks. It is really quite interesting and aggravating at the same time.