News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Choosing the right delay pedal

Started by nuclearsound, January 23, 2016, 02:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclearsound

Hello all, and yes, this is the kind of I-want-it-all topic : I'm looking for the design of a delay pedal with extra functions :
Basic time/feedback/dry-wet + footswitch, ok
Now, I'd like on top of that :
another footswitch for immediate and temporary detune effect (as heard on 1776 Multiplex for instance).
a tempo sub-division (type ghost, maybe with quarter and tripplet choice), or else another delay line.
a modulation circuit with classic rate and depth
and last, best would be a choice for repeats filtering, either with modes/templates, either with one or two dedicated knobs (bass/treble) as per on the RE-201.
I know I'm asking a lot... But when I see the wide scope of DIY pedales, I'm a bit lost. I've noticed the 1776 multiplex echo machine, the MadBean ZeorPoint SuperDeluxe, (difference between version 1 and 2 ?), Chris Carter's Sagan ... Could anyone help me choose what design would suilt my request the most ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Antoine

Cortexturizer

looks to me like you're talking bout the Hamlet+ from JMK pcbs
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 23, 2016, 03:58:56 PM
looks to me like you're talking bout the Hamlet+ from JMK pcbs

I believe detune is impossible with the TAPTATION.

This would require programming on a lot of inputs; the FV1 at the very least.

nuclearsound

Thanks for your replies !
@Cortexturizer, by the way I noticed Hamlet+, but it looks like it has no instant detune footswitch, as well as no mod pot, when for example ZeroPoint SDX do both, am I right ?
@midwayfair, I think, if I need to choose between tapping tempo (=>taptation) and having an instant detune footswitch, I'd go for the second and forget the first.
If anyone else has a feedback on those pedals, or can show me another pedal i missed ?

raulduke

No existing project will cover the entire wishlist, but I would say that the Multiplex will cover most bases for you (with extension modulation board).

It's a well documented project and sounds amazing. I need to build another as I sold my original unit.

nuclearsound

Thanks !
I see ZeroPoint SDX is to be replaced by an upcoming project, and I see a CaveTroll and Timelapse coming soon. Do you have any info on them, especially the Timelapse ? I'm in no rush and I wouldn't miss a thing :-)