News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

One big pedal, three big effects. Od/Distortion/Fuzz multi

Started by Guybrush, January 20, 2016, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all

Just finished boxing up this beast. It's a Klon into a Crunchbox into a Fat Fuzz Factory. All boards from Fuzzdog in the UK (including the lovely Lumen boards from Grindcustoms). I cant recommend Fuzzdog enough to other UK builders.

I wanted a multi dirt pedal that I can use with my practice amp so I don't have to wheel my main board out every time I want to play at home.

The Klon board has a small switch that lets you switch between buffered bypass and TBP. I tried both and found the buffer had a massive effect on the Fuzz Factory. I didn't like how it affected the sound of the fuzz so went with TBP in the end.

Pics

Cheers

jimilee

Daaammnnn!!! That's an awesome box of hate right there.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mrclean77

Yowzers - that etch!!! I love the layout as much as the etch, for the folks who love top-mounted everything, bump em all next to each other, that's gotta be their wet dream come to life

Definitely a grab-n-go you could "get by" on if it was your only dirt box, IMO

selfdestroyer

By The Power of Greyskull! That is awesome.

Another one for the inspiration folder!

Cody

Cortexturizer

love it man. just love it. some great circuits in there as well. fantastic pedal
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

alanp

I like that. "This pedal that pleases so many is of your making."

I also like the build itself :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Jebus

Leevibe

:o!!!

Not just beautiful, but beautifully designed. This sounds like such a great combination.

Hexjibber

Absolutely wicked on all fronts dude, great work, definitely my favourite build of yours so far!

Out of interest how does the Klon stack into the Crunchbox? I need something for my heavy distortion sound that will be stacked with a Klon and can't decide between a Rat or Crunchbox, would be interested to hear your findings! :)

AntKnee

This build is awesome. Really dig the etch.
I always had trouble with fuzz after my klone, too. I never thought about it being the buffer. Hmmm
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Guybrush

Cheers guys. All appreciated.

Quote from: AntKnee on January 22, 2016, 05:25:22 AM
This build is awesome. Really dig the etch.
I always had trouble with fuzz after my klone, too. I never thought about it being the buffer. Hmmm

It's not actually an etch. Just a print on a clear label placed over white spray paint. I grunged up the design a bit in Photoshop to give it that rough around the edges, well used look.

Switching between TBP and buffered bypass on the Klon affects the Fuzz Factory enormously. I'd put money on it that's the issue with your fuzz.

Quote from: Hexjibber on January 21, 2016, 02:13:01 PM
Absolutely wicked on all fronts dude, great work, definitely my favourite build of yours so far!

Out of interest how does the Klon stack into the Crunchbox? I need something for my heavy distortion sound that will be stacked with a Klon and can't decide between a Rat or Crunchbox, would be interested to hear your findings! :)

Cheers pal, it's probably my favourite too.

I'll have a play with running the Klon into the CB and then into my Rat this weekend and let you know what I find. How have you got your Klon set? I'm guessing mild volume boost with a touch of dirt?

On a different note, I've built 2 Klones and they both get a bit of background fizz towards the last quarter turn of the gain pot. Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks