News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is it just me? Or you guys too?

Started by eldanko, May 22, 2015, 10:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

I've had the strangest phenomenon lately...

Builds pedal for self: works great
Builds pedal as gift for friend: works great
Builds pedal for someone paying money for it: something breaks/malfunctions within a month

SERIOUSLY. And I put considerably more care into ones that I know are being sold instead of kept or given away.

Got me all like  :o :o :o
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jtn191

Happens to me too! Bad luck or Murphy's Law

vizcities

Wow, this is eerily apropos - you just described The Thing That's Eating My Weekend.  :'(

Mojo Fandangle

Yep, first pedal I ever sold broke within a week.

I felt really bad about it. I repaired it and said he could opt for refund but he was decent and was happy for me to fix it.
I'm sure that the person you made the pedal for will be the same.

I've had repairs done by companies. It's no big deal. But I once needed repairs on a $300 Fuzz pedal from a major company who I wont name, who were not so helpful.

Warning. I'm about to go into rant mode.

My $300 Fuzz pedals footswitch died after 2 weeks of home usage so I sent the company a polite email and took it back to the shop to be sent for repair.

I waited 2 months to get it back. It died again after a few weeks. I sent it back again and waited another 3 months to get it back.
It died a 3rd time after a week then they refused to fix it because the guitar shop got the 2nd repair done by their own repair people.

I tried politely persuading them to fix it but they were stubborn,  and refused to fix it again.

I'm not proud of this but I wrote a not so flattering pedal review on UltimateGuitar.com and slandered their pedal and servicing policy on every Youtube demo I found, then emailed their CEO the links and hit them up for a full replacement.

They finally came good and replaced the pedal.
I removed my reviews but I'll never buy their products again.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.
I doubt you'll have any trouble from whoever bought your pedal.
People will usually be decent about these things if you do the right thing by them.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

jtaormina

Quote from: Dallius Mcnoob on January 19, 2016, 01:58:22 AM
Yep, first pedal I ever sold broke within a week.

I felt really bad about it. I repaired it and said he could opt for refund but he was decent and was happy for me to fix it.
I'm sure that the person you made the pedal for will be the same.

I've had repairs done by companies. It's no big deal. But I once needed repairs on a $300 Fuzz pedal from a major company who I wont name, who were not so helpful.

Warning. I'm about to go into rant mode.

My $300 Fuzz pedals footswitch died after 2 weeks of home usage so I sent the company a polite email and took it back to the shop to be sent for repair.

I waited 2 months to get it back. It died again after a few weeks. I sent it back again and waited another 3 months to get it back.
It died a 3rd time after a week then they refused to fix it because the guitar shop got the 2nd repair done by their own repair people.

I tried politely persuading them to fix it but they were stubborn,  and refused to fix it again.

I'm not proud of this but I wrote a not so flattering pedal review on UltimateGuitar.com and slandered their pedal and servicing policy on every Youtube demo I found, then emailed their CEO the links and hit them up for a full replacement.

They finally came good and replaced the pedal.
I removed my reviews but I'll never buy their products again.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.
I doubt you'll have any trouble from whoever bought your pedal.
People will usually be decent about these things if you do the right thing by them.

I bet they got those switches off a Chinese eBay store.  :o