News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage question

Started by mcallisterra, May 13, 2015, 03:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

If I wanted to build a two-in-one with one circuit operating on +9v and the other on either 15 or 18v from the Road Rage, would I power the 9v circuit straight from the DC jack with the Road Rage in parallel, or use the 9v pads from the Road Rage?

Also, when the Road Rage doc says it gives 18v unregulated, what does that mean and how does it impact a pedal running on that?

Thanks! :)

Luke51411

You can use the +9 pad or go straight to the jack, they are parallel. Unregulated just means that it won't hold that voltage steady if there is a spike in supply voltage, not really anything to worry about. It will power most pedals that call for +18v just fine as long as you are not exceeding the max current draw of the charge pump. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come by and explain it better than I can.

madbean

The unregulated 18v output will be fairly steady since there is a decoupling cap, so it's not really something to worry about. The regulated output is better for situations were you maximum voltage cannot exceed a certain amount. For example, in an analog delay build where the BBD is limited to 9, 10 or 15v.

mcallisterra

Thanks to you both! Perfectly clear.  :)