News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The show your pedalboard thread.

Started by Rich_S, June 26, 2011, 06:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

I can't believe we've never had one of these.  More plausible, I couldn't find it, but I really did look.

Anyway, here's mine, featuring my new Slow Lorus:

I'm thinking of trading down from the DD-7 to another DD-3, I don't need the extra features and the input/output cables mess up the board's feng shui. :D

All the other pedals are wired from the back.  The top deck is a 1/8" aluminum plate, which takes the place of all the pedals' back plates.  Wiring exits the pedals through grommets, and are wired together under the deck.   I've been building pedalboards like this since about 1980.  I was inspired by Andy Summers' Pete Cornish board, and Pat Travers' similar (thougn non-Cornish, I believe) board.  I liked the idea of integrating all the pedals into one big unit. However, Cornish's method of removing all the pedals from their cases and substiuting custom-drilled, Dymo-labeled aluminum plates seemed like a lot of work, and not terribly attractive. It occured to me that I already had a great means of mounting and labeling the controls - the pedals enclosures themselves.  So, I came up with a means of integrating them on a common ground plane with a built-in power supply.

These days, with all the commercially-availabel pedalboards, power bricks, wiring kits, velcro, etc. it's nuts to make a board this complicated.  However, I'm kinda set in my ways; I have more inertia than intelligence.  

I just wish I had room for my new Fat Pants.  It sounds great, but didn't have enough oomph to use as a solo boost, so it failed to knock the SD-1 out of its spot.

I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

I'm sure all of our pedal boards are forever changing,here is mine TODAY.
Ok so here we go, tuner-> wah British blues overdrive - >godboxfx green Russian fuzz–>1776 effects bear hug compressor - >ross phaser clone->madbean cave dweller delay->GrindCustomsfx delay->1776 effects 6 shooter eq->boss oc3->little angel chorus->bbe sonic stomp. I may have a pedal addiction.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

What Jimi said about never changing.

This is my secondary catch-all board for the pedals in my office.  I finally got a pedal train pro to consolidate them all.  Takes two power supplies to run it (including the massive MXR MC403)

This is the prototype of my small
Mini board.  It will be expanded at some point to 7 pedals and maybe add a looper in the front section.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Quote from: pickdropper on June 21, 2013, 05:35:24 PM

This is my secondary catch-all board for the pedals in my office.  I finally got a pedal train pro to consolidate them all.  Takes two power supplies to run it (including the massive MXR MC403)

Two Dirtbags? (Inverting the color schemes between them is a really nice touch.)

gtr2

Quote from: pickdropper on June 21, 2013, 05:35:24 PM

This is my secondary catch-all board for the pedals in my office.  I finally got a pedal train pro to consolidate them all.  Takes two power supplies to run it (including the massive MXR MC403)

This is the prototype of my small
Mini board.  It will be expanded at some point to 7 pedals and maybe add a looper in the front section.

WOW
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

the3secondrule

Here's my bass setup:
lowrider -> slow loris (with some mods for bass) -> mudbunny w/ tonebypass (ultrastoner spec) -> modded sansamp GT2 (tonepad board), then into the SMMWH & AD9.

Strongly suspect the Sharkfin will be going on the board when it's done

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

the3secondrule

my guitar board hasn't settled down yet, as I've only just started a new band. Work in progress, but rest assured there'll be some beans on there.

;)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

frankie5fingers

BeanBoard anyone?
Old pic - have since replaced TwoTimer with a Wampler Faux Tape (much better).
R to L Bottom:  Weener, MB OC 44 Rangemaster, Ian's Morning Glory, MB Klone, MB OC76 Pastyface (TB III).  Up top, MB Afterlife.
Dead quiet... well, except for the ToneBender and Rangemaster - but they're worth it.

LaceSensor

Feel a bit mixed about this update
Pro - awesome new capabilities with the Strymon Timeline and Mobius
Con - ditched a number of my DIY pedals