News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard mods

Started by Thexawakening, June 24, 2011, 09:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matticus

I've got to learn how to change my notifications here so that when someone posts to a topic I get an email or something! I had forgotten to look back here.

Over winter break I'll probably mod the boost and build in a single stage of the AC Tone. I think I've got the parts for it already...

slimtriggers

Quote from: shawnee on November 19, 2011, 01:33:37 PM
Please post and tell us what you think if you build either one.

Comin' up 8)

shawnee

Awesome! I haven't etched yet but would like to at some point. Please check out my build in the build reports section. I explained the changes that I made the best I could.

Viks021

Hi,
I have finished Boneyard, tested in studio conditions, and I think that this is one of the best OD pedal I have came accross. I have just one question: is there a way to rewire swithes for clean boost functionality or it is a tradeoff for a true bypass?

Cheers

Viks

shawnee

It really is the best Marshall in a box that I have ever used. So you want the boost to be separate (to be able to turn it on without having the overdrive on)? That will not be a simple task as far as I can tell.

Bucksears

LOL - that's my layout.
I still haven't gotten around to boxing them up, but will be working on labeling the cases this weekend.
I actually had an AC-Tone that Niels (designer) recommended some mods for more gain/mids. VERY nice pedal, but just to big for my board.
I'm builing mine for regular 1590B(?) enclosure that just has just ON/OFF and GAIN1/GAIN2 footswitches; don't really need 'boost'.

I'll post some pics whenever they're done.

CrunchBerry

I was thinking the same thing about the Clean Boost only function of the Boneyard.  I will attach a schematic showing how I made mine.  I had it on a breadboard and it sounded really good like this.  I have a AMZ mosfet boost clone, and I thought the boost sounded similar to that pedal and I was very impressed.

It is switch 2 on the schematic.  I used a DPDT toggle switch to manually allow switching from normal circuit operation or boost only, which still maintains the input impedance and buffer, but then immediately switches out the gain/clipping portion of the circuit after the first op-amp stage/buffer through the volume pot and then switches in the series resistor/cap before the input of the boost stage op-amp.  It works great and now the pedal is even more versatile (as if it wasn't already) and I can leave my other boost pedal in the loop, so I can use this boost for boosting the input of my amp.   ;D

There are probably better ways to do this, but this is what I had come up with, so I figured I would share it with you guys.

shawnee

Thanks for the contributions guys! This is my all time favorite Marshall sounding circuit and I appreciate any additional information that gets brought to the table.

jolly1423

I just finished this and LOVE it. However, mine doesn't seem to have much separation between the crunch and high gain (in any). My first question is, when in standard mode, should the high gain knob affect the gain at all? Mine does a little, if it's all the way down even with 'crunch' up there's very little gain. And IF that's normal, what would be the easiest way to add a little more gain or saturation to the high gain? Bigger pot?

oldhousescott

There shouldn't be any interaction between the crunch and hi-gain pots. You might want to start a topic in the Tech Help section to troubleshoot your problem.

jolly1423

Ok, Thanks. Just thought I'd start here cuz if it was normal it'd be a mod but yes, I seem to have an issue ???

andregarcia57

but how to get gain pedal?

R5 - 10ohm  - would be a good start?