News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re-opening Soon?!?

Started by aziltz, June 24, 2011, 01:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

I'm really excited to see what Brian unleashes upon us.  Time to speculate?

insomniac2295

I know there's a vibrato pedal in the works, but I'm excited to see if anything else is unveiled! (I'm hoping for the sequencer project he's been talking about for a while)

bigmufffuzzwizz

He said he's got something like 2 dozen projects he's working on. I'm hoping he releases a few new ones but that vibe seems to be what everyone is waiting for.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

aziltz

i just realized i posted in the announcements subforum.  sorry.

TheCobbenator

Brian is such a tease! But also a BAMF. Worth the wait, but I'm still getting anxious!

bigmufffuzzwizz

the secret ways of the bean....

madbean

Hey guys,

It's going to be a few more days before the store opens again. I want to finish off this looper project so I can release it at the same time and I haven't done anything with the website yet. I'm shooting for early next week, but we'll see how things go in the next couple of days. I'll keep everyone updated at the conclusion of the weekend.

It will be worth the wait, I promise!

misle

Well, hurry up!   :D

I just found this site the other day and I want to give you money for your products!

jball85

All work and no pcbs makes me a dull boy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

insomniac2295

VERY unhappy with the quality of PCB I just got from Mammoth Electronics. I WILL be ordering from madbean as soon as the shop opens back up.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: insomniac2295 on June 25, 2011, 05:36:08 PM
VERY unhappy with the quality of PCB I just got from Mammoth Electronics. I WILL be ordering from madbean as soon as the shop opens back up.

Can you explain what you mean by quality?

insomniac2295

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 25, 2011, 05:51:54 PM
Quote from: insomniac2295 on June 25, 2011, 05:36:08 PM

Can you explain what you mean by quality?

There were MANY small holes, nicks an tiny imperfections in the etching. Also, it was single sided, something that I wasn't expecting. So, when I went to populate the board, everything was backwards.

TheCobbenator

Yeah, two of MB's boards I built a while back in my first batch were single-sided and it was really confusing placing everything mirror imaged. Those were black though. Much easier to see through the Boneyard I did as it was the yellowish material. I feel spoiled when I get to build on a fabbed board it's like solder-by-number.

madbean

How is it mirror imaged? The layouts are pictured top down and components are placed exactly as shown. Can you elaborate please?

sprayfe

I don't think he means mirror imaged. I remember my first single sided board- there was a little learning curve.
I'm excited about the projects Brian.  There's not a bean board I've built or etched thatdidnt fire right up. I like barrys wire- but im Not a huge fan of his Layouts.  And I greatly admire that you share your artwork. Thanks-