News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I want to be like Rej (filterwhore content)

Started by Luke51411, April 30, 2015, 01:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

The filterwhore ness is strong. Here are two builds, a Madbean Honeydripper he "Dying Dipthong" yay alliteration. The second is the fluff girl "Shield Maiden".
The Honeydripper I built into a box sideways because I always do everything possible to have top mounted jacks and the offset layout looked really cool. I initially wanted to do a yin yang or feng shui sort of graphic just because it seemed like it fit the layout but nothing was working. Then some how I stumbled on the cool drawing of the skulls on google images and then came up with the name and it stuck. The shield maiden takes it's name from the show Vikings which I've been watching thanks to a recommendation on the "what are you watching on TV" thread. So yeah... Both are awesome, unique filters and the next filters I build will be the SWAH and the rissole so... Yup... Filterwhoring it up.

jimilee

Dude Vikings is awesome. We blew through the series. Has it stopped completely? /derail.  Pedals look killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on April 30, 2015, 01:10:00 AM
Dude Vikings is awesome. We blew through the series. Has it stopped completely? /derail.  Pedals look killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure, I've only been able to watch the seasons that are on DVD haven't seen season 3 at all. But yeah, great show.

nzCdog

sweet builds man... definitely diggin the dying dipthong (see what i did there) ;)

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Luke51411

I think top mounted jacks makes neater wiring a bit more difficult. I probably should have run them on the other side of the board to hide the mess.
Quote from: nzCdog on April 30, 2015, 02:29:34 AM
sweet builds man... definitely diggin the dying dipthong (see what i did there) ;)

Nice!

TGP39

Really great filtering Luke. That skulls design really is perfect for the Dying Dipthong.
Having top mounted jacks is worth it.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Luke51411

And... someone already wants to buy the Shield Maiden potentially which is good for Rej because I'll be wanting to build another. And you know how buying PCBs goes everytime... I want this one board but I'm not getting a good deal on shipping on just one... I could get another ultrastoner, maybe I'll try out the tenebrion, gotta have an ugly face... and so on and so forth.

bcalla

Great idea rotating the Honeydripper - perfect layout.  Both came out great!

GrindCustoms

Hahahaha! May the mother of all whoreness be with you! I have yet to build my Diphtonizer... Good idea indeed to rotate it, not being a fan of 125B this might solve my eternal dillema with it :)

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Luke51411

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 30, 2015, 01:55:09 PM
Hahahaha! May the mother of all whoreness be with you! I have yet to build my Diphtonizer... Good idea indeed to rotate it, not being a fan of 125B this might solve my eternal dillema with it :)
Doooo Itttt! haha I'm going to do some more A/B comparisons but at some settings I can get the Fluff Girl to sound pretty close to the Dipthonizer. The fluff girl is sounding really good but I think I might be able to get a little more out of it tweaking the filter trimmers just a bit. The Dipthonizer is a fun pedal, I couldn't get rid of all the noise on three of the 4 settings but I think that is partially  just a quirk of the circuit, it's not too bad. The fluff girl seems more touch sensitive than the Dipthonizer. With the Dipthonizer you kind of have to find the sweet spot on the sensitivity whereas the fluff girl sensitivity settings determine the character of how the envelope is triggered. Thanks for such a cool circuit Rej!

Luke51411

I put them in parallel and I've not yet seen evidence of the fabric of space and time coming apart at the seems... I think I did it wrong.

Dminner

The bypass led is so well hidden in the skulls it took me a minute to find it.  Also really like the rotary marker on that one.

Luke51411

Quote from: Dminner on May 01, 2015, 01:44:41 AM
The bypass led is so well hidden in the skulls it took me a minute to find it.  Also really like the rotary marker on that one.
Thanks!
I forgot to drill the led until after I put the decal on and clear coated. I was surprised it didn't mess up the decal drilling it.