News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

If you couldn't build pedals...........

Started by playpunk, April 27, 2015, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

What would you have on your board?

I'd probably have stuff from Caroline GCO, Diamond, VFE, Strymon and Neunaber. At least those are the companies that come to mind when I think of high quality and original(ish) designs. I'm starting to think about this more, because I am running out of time to build much.

So what would yours be?
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Muadzin

I would just replace my clones with their real counterparts, price permitting, if not I'd get some Boss or EHX pedals instead. Cause there's no way in hell I'm going to fork out more then €100 for a boutique dirtbox. The only real problem would be my custom loopers, as I made them according to my own special needs and so far I've yet so anything on the market that could replace them.

timbo_93631

Probably would have the slew of 90's pedals I had before I built my own: US built Vox V847 with a scratchy pot, Danelectro Dan-Echo, Russian Big Muff Pi, and a Russian Small Stone.  All running off 9v's.  Yay!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Cortexturizer

Yeah I'd go Boss as well. Still lots of pros using em every night and it's all in the guitar and the amp anyway. Always has been.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

It would be a changing mix of Dr. Scientist, Wampler, Catalinbread, and EHX. And Barber.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Luke51411

I had a bunch of Boss pedals before I started building. I sold them all when I built replacements. At that time I thought... Hey I'm saving money... Then the collection grew and I no longer had pedals to replace so I just kept adding to it... haha

mmlee

I like my pedals like my women, small and cheap.... Haha, they'd all be Mooer pedals :p
>Marcus

selfdestroyer

Like Tim, I would probably just use my classics I held on to. EHX big box's and my newer Strymon stuff.

Cody

jubal81

These three things would have me covered very nicely:

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

Cheap bastard that I am, I'd probably still just have my Korg Pitch Black, and my Ibanez PH-7.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

I'd probably have... a EBS MultiComp, couple tube screamer variants Ibby/Maxon, probably no fuzz and a Decimator. I'd then have a Phase100, EHX Delay of some sort and a WET reverb.

That would do it.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

All rack mount, a single processor, I used a v-amp pro for years, served me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Right now I tell myself that I play guitar so I can build pedals...  :-\

If I couldn't build... I probably wouldn't be playing.  ::)

micromegas

Strymon Flint, digital delay with option to reverse (my Eventide was a gift so I think I would go with something cheaper, like a one of those TC electronics delays) and Dr Scientist The Elements or  some other all-in-one overdrive/distortion (have to try a Clusterfuzz yet, but that might be an option if it works good with slide guitar).

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io