News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Giant Hogweed, Twin Peaks, and Liquid Mercury - the drolo circuit collection

Started by Dminner, April 21, 2015, 02:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dminner

Let me start by saying I really have no business writing a build thread...because the actual real building was done by other forum members (I just designed and made the enclosures). But nonetheless, I love looking at everyone's builds and draw inspiration from them so I thought others might like to see the products of these collaborative efforts...I just can't speak on anything electrical haha.

Basically the Drolo circuit collection - three of his circuits.

The twin peaks ("Harmonic Tremulator") and liquid mercury ("Phase Modulator") were built by Cappone (aka Rumbletone), who did fantastic work. He also wired the phaser with phase stage switches, a cool mod.

The giant hogweed was built by Steve (TGP39) who did an equally awesome job! This is perhaps my favorite pedal I have ever owned! Yeah I misspelled giant haha (my wife proofreads my designs now lol), but I choose to act like I did it on purpose since it is a gain pedal  8)

Luke51411

Awesome! You have as much right to a build report as anyone and we all love seeing this stuff as well. Plus part of the fun is reading different takes and opinions on circuits, and of course... demos!!! haha Can never get enough of this stuff!

raulduke

AntKnee

Great enclosure work! Where's the gut shots? You can still post those, regardless of who build them.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

selfdestroyer

Said it before and will say it again, most likely many time. I love your etches. Great job.

Keep posting your builds.

Cody

BrianS

rumbletone

The enclosures look as amazing in person as they do in the photos - so glad to have been able to contribute to these beautiful noisemakers, and I look forward to working with Dan on more of them!

TGP39

Quote from: rumbletone on April 21, 2015, 07:12:28 PM
The enclosures look as amazing in person as they do in the photos - so glad to have been able to contribute to these beautiful noisemakers, and I look forward to working with Dan on more of them!

+1

Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Luke51411

Quote from: TGP39 on April 21, 2015, 07:26:02 PM
Quote from: rumbletone on April 21, 2015, 07:12:28 PM

+1

Steve
I think they look better in person  ;)

Dminner

Thanks guys I'm so glad you all like yours as much as I like mine :)

m-Kresol

you should name it the drool (o) collection. These are freakin' awesome. I saw them before and I'm astonished once again
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

cooder

Amazinnnn'.........!
Super cool looks and what a neat collection! Sweet stuff to enjoy and be proud of! Great teamwork and more than worthy of a build report by all means!
BigNoise Amplification

peAk

these are some of my all time favorite pedal enclosures.

I just love that retro, gritty feel. Damn.

studiodunn

Those boxes look amazing. The aesthetics are spot on and just look right.