News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer II

Started by bcalla, April 17, 2015, 11:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

This is my first finished build since January.  Lots of stuff going on in my personal life, but I think it's under control so hopefully I can pick up the pace.

I had some difficulty troubleshooting this one.  I was getting nothing - bypassed or engaged (this is the buffered version).  Let me pass on what I learned to all you interested boys and girls.  Before you spend hours looking up all the component values - writing them on the layout on the build doc, then verifying that all resistors, capacitors and diodes on the board match the layout - make sure you soldered the socket for the TC1044SCPA to the PCB.  Oddly, it won't work without it.

Well, it works now, so here it is:

wgc

Super clean, love the graphic, esp the edges!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

I love the look of the burnt edges on the artwork. Came out great.

Cody

TGP39

This is the cleanest wiring I've ever seen. How did you do the burnt edge look? I would love to do a treasure map theme with that look. I hope you are ok and I certainly look forward to your builds.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

nzCdog

great build Bob... love the artwork!  nothing like the the unsoldered charge pump to ruin the party... ;D

bcalla

Thanks for the kind comments.  Nothing dramatic on the personal front.  I retired on April 1, and the last 2 months of work were nuts writing documentation for what I do and training co-workers.  Now I've got nuthin' but time...

Quote from: TGP39 on April 18, 2015, 04:39:36 AM
This is the cleanest wiring I've ever seen.

Radio Shack 4-connector intercom wire.  24 gague, solid core.  It's the only way I can accomplish anythig close to neat.

Quote from: TGP39 on April 18, 2015, 04:39:36 AM
How did you do the burnt edge look?  I would love to do a treasure map theme with that look. I hope you are ok and I certainly look forward to your builds.

Google image search 'parchment background.'  There are lots of choices - burnt, ragged, torn. curled.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Very cool and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.