News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorites

Started by junkemail86, April 17, 2015, 02:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Quote from: alanp on April 22, 2015, 02:13:32 AM
That isn't football. It's American gridiron.

REAL football is rugby, where men don't feel the need to strap on twenty kilograms of armour and padding just to play a sport.
True but our "football" guys make 10 trillion dollars a year and are endorsement whores so they are dear to us and we must protect them :)

davent

Quote from: alanp on April 22, 2015, 02:13:32 AM
That isn't football. It's American gridiron.

REAL football is rugby, where men don't feel the need to strap on twenty kilograms of armour and padding just to play a sport.

No thats hockey... where you have a disc of (frozen so it bounces less) vulcanized rubber coming at you at 160 plus kph.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lars

Any old music equipment. It's just much easier to work on, and there is a certain satisfaction to resurrecting or repurposing old gear.

cooder

Cool thread.
My favourites: taking the Pooch for the daily beachwalk, five min by foot from home.

Making things:

Kayaking, best with my lovely lady into the morning mist...

Taking the truck for a spin:

BigNoise Amplification

GrindCustoms

Quote from: cooder on April 22, 2015, 05:01:18 AM
Cool thread.
My favourites: taking the Pooch for the daily beachwalk, five min by foot from home.

Making things:

Kayaking, best with my lovely lady into the morning mist...

Taking the truck for a spin:

This makes me feel like i live in the wrong part of the world. :o
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

cooder

Well there's a ton of amazing lakes, scenery and mountains in Canada as well that you can plough through with your Jeep I spose.... it must be such a big place... NZ is a bit more compact and we don't have bears or snakes, yay, just buzzin' sandflies in summer.
BigNoise Amplification

pryde

Amazing stuff there cooder. Good on you.

raulduke

Those photos are beautiful Cooder.

NZ is a place I would love to visit.

micromegas

Quote from: cooder on April 22, 2015, 08:52:44 AM
Well there's a ton of amazing lakes, scenery and mountains in Canada as well that you can plough through with your Jeep I spose.... it must be such a big place... NZ is a bit more compact and we don't have bears or snakes, yay, just buzzin' sandflies in summer.
But you have dragons and orcs and giant spiders, am I right?

It looks like an awesome place to live. Lovely photos :).
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

juansolo

Don't you get insects the size of small aircraft? Pretty sure Peter Jackson (head of the NZ tourist board) mentioned it once.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

cooder

Quote from: raulduke on April 22, 2015, 01:21:05 PM
Those photos are beautiful Cooder.

NZ is a place I would love to visit.
Pop in for a cuppa if you do and I'll give you some travel hints if you like!
Quote from: juansolo on April 22, 2015, 06:11:29 PM

Don't you get insects the size of small aircraft? Pretty sure Peter Jackson (head of the NZ tourist board) mentioned it once.
This is the largest (up to 20 cm/8 inches) and pretty harmless insect we have:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_weta
Makes a good inspiration for Peter Jacksons stuff though....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/8930070/Worlds-biggest-insect-is-so-huge-it-eats-carrots.html
It's more the tiny sandflies that can be annoying, like mozzies type of thing. You get used to them though and they are seasonal.
Edit: Let me add that most insects/creepy crawlies are pretty average size and nothing to worry about. We have some funny creatures though, for example in a Nationalpark nearby there's the only two types of meat eating (=predator) snails living in the world...!
I mean, the concept of a snail evolving to meat eater/hunter is a bit bizarre isn't it...? They go after other insects, mainly injured easy catches, for a snail type of speed....
They won't bite your finger though, in case you're wondering that you might get eaten by snails in your sleeping bag :o
BigNoise Amplification

lincolnic

8-inch insects? Guess I'm never going to New Zealand. Sorry, New Zealand.

cooder

Quote from: lincolnic on April 23, 2015, 03:55:55 AM
8-inch insects? Guess I'm never going to New Zealand. Sorry, New Zealand.
I think you're mixing that up with Australia, those guys over there have 7 out of the 10 most lethal spiders (or was it snakes...?), saltwater crocs that like to have you for lunch or so, stuff like that.... :o

Here in NZ it's pretty harmless, we do have however a mountain parrot (in fact the only parrot in the world that lives in the snow) with a destructive fetish for windscreen wipers and rubber sealant on cars. No kiddin'. They're called "Kea".

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Kea are infamous for being destructively curious.

Bet the cops wish they could have arrested THESE two kea.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Quote from: cooder on April 23, 2015, 04:50:27 AM

Just* going** for*** a stroll****.

*Jess

**goawin

***fir

****Straowl