News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Faceplates: Amp

Started by TNblueshawk, April 06, 2015, 06:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

So, does anyone have any sources for an amp faceplate?

I found this one on line but I thought I'd poke around a bit more   http://amplates.com/welcome-to-amplates-com/faceplates/

I could do a poor man's "faceplate" and water slide decal it but I don't know if that is the direction I want to go. It would be cheaper to be sure.
John

TNblueshawk

John

pickdropper

There's somebody on TGP that does custom badges.  Based on the tooling he must have, a custom faceplate wouldn't be a stretch.  It might be expensive, though.

Have you checked Mojotone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

I've used 1/16" polycarbonate with decals/paint on the the back face as well as stencilling on the back face. Not hard to do and much less expensive.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

playpunk

Ben (rullywow) has done some plates for synth elements in the past.... Could somebody do one with a laser engraver?
"my legend grows" - playpunk

pryde

Another option: Many trophy shops can do them for you if you give them dimensions and layout.

I had a local one do this plate for me on a custom rack mount build I did for a customer:

oldhousescott

Jeanne at BNP Lasers does great work, but really only takes CorelDraw files. If you've got CorelDraw, you're golden.
Sandy at PrecisionDesign lasers also does great work, and takes more input drawing formats.

Pretty sure Joe at amplates just does the design and sources the actual mfg to BNP. Or at least he used to.

TNblueshawk

Great info.

Dang Pryde, that is spiffy man. I like it.

Dave, I've not yet checked with Mojotone.

What to do...what to do.... I really don't want to sink a bunch of money into a plate but I probably will have to fork over something decent to get something decent.
John

JakeFuzz

Quote from: oldhousescott on April 06, 2015, 07:56:43 PM
Jeanne at BNP Lasers does great work, but really only takes CorelDraw files. If you've got CorelDraw, you're golden.
Sandy at PrecisionDesign lasers also does great work, and takes more input drawing formats.

Pretty sure Joe at amplates just does the design and sources the actual mfg to BNP. Or at least he used to.

+1

I've used BNP several times and they always do great work. Jeanne is great to work with. They were able to do my plates with a PDF exported from inkscape. They were roughly in the $30-50 range depending on size and the number of punched holes.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: JakeFuzz on April 07, 2015, 05:34:04 AM
Quote from: oldhousescott on April 06, 2015, 07:56:43 PM

+1

I've used BNP several times and they always do great work. Jeanne is great to work with. They were able to do my plates with a PDF exported from inkscape. They were roughly in the $30-50 range depending on size and the number of punched holes.

This looks like a good way to go. CorelDraw is out if for no other reason is it appears Windows based and I have a Mac. I think I'll check with Joe to see what he accepts. If i can get out of a plate for $50 more or less then I can handle that.

Thanks for the tips fellers.
John

rullywowr

Quote from: TNblueshawk on April 06, 2015, 06:22:18 PM

I found this one on line but I thought I'd poke around a bit more   http://amplates.com/welcome-to-amplates-com/faceplates/

I could do a poor man's "faceplate" and water slide decal it but I don't know if that is the direction I want to go. It would be cheaper to be sure.

I've done faceplates for synths before, and I have a variety of colors to choose from.  Here's a thread where I am cutting a plate for a synth out of simulated wood.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=19076.0

I'd be glad to work something out with you that's reasonable.  PM if you are interested. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

TNblueshawk

Quote from: rullywowr on April 07, 2015, 03:15:37 PM

Quote from: TNblueshawk on April 06, 2015, 06:22:18 PM

I've done faceplates for synths before, and I have a variety of colors to choose from.  Here's a thread where I am cutting a plate for a synth out of simulated wood.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=19076.0

I'd be glad to work something out with you that's reasonable.  PM if you are interested. :)

8) ;D
John