News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

snack shack

Started by cjkbug, June 17, 2011, 09:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

here is a snack shack build with 2n5088's in an enclosure that I polished and acid etched. this is one cool fuzz. I might add a volume control to the next one I build.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

madbean

Dude. Sweet looking build. I'd love to see two little red leds in the knob's eye sockets. Kind of a different take on the cliche LED for eyes on the enclosure.

cjkbug

mabye I could pull it off with one of those clear shaft pots. hmmm.... guess I'm off to place an order. good idea bean...thanks

nzCdog

That knob is evil 8)
How did you do the graphic, it looks really cool

cjkbug

redbean

Quote from: madbean on June 17, 2011, 11:24:07 PM
Dude. Sweet looking build. I'd love to see two little red leds in the knob's eye sockets. Kind of a different take on the cliche LED for eyes on the enclosure.

I was planning on doing that by drilling out the eyes of the Q Parts skull knobs. I ordered the clear shaft Alpha pots just this afternoon. The knobs are rather expensive, though. :-\
es là-bas!!

cjkbug

I just stole that knob off my kid's bass, heh heh.

nzCdog

dwstanford

Quote from: cjkbug on June 18, 2011, 04:21:58 AM
I just stole that knob off my kid's bass, heh heh.

My favorite method of sourcing parts.  Stealing from your children!

bigmufffuzzwizz

YES! That is downright evil, must be some type of death fuzzz..
maybe a misfits skull next time.. ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

The clear shaft pots aren't available in 500k. Drat!!!

redbean

Quote from: cjkbug on June 19, 2011, 11:36:40 PM
The clear shaft pots aren't available in 500k. Drat!!!

Believe me, I know your frustration. I even considered adding a resistor just to make a 100k into a 250k or 500k, but that would give a different result, though it could work. If you try it, please let us know the results. :D

Maybe if enough of us write to Alpha we can get them to make some clear shaft pots in higher resistances and different tapers.
es là-bas!!