News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Alternative to Tapatalk?

Started by jimilee, April 05, 2015, 01:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I'm tired of the sponsored posts and ads. Anybody got an alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Honestly, I did not even know that was happening. I never use Tapatalk. If someone knows an ad-free alternative please speak up.

slacker775

The ads are fairly new, but really annoying.  For the most part, Tapatalk is great except that it seems every few months, they like to completely redo the UI, and often not with good results.  Now that they've start slipping in their ads and making them look like legit posts - I've never fell for it, but I always have to scroll past them - a quality competitor app would be really nice.  Not sure if such a beast exists in this space though.

Perhaps there is an Oshpark shared project or a pending group buy?    ;D

Stomptown

I agree that the tapatalk interface is aweful and it's getting worse with every update. I exclusively use it to post when I'm doing a build report and it takes about 5 minutes to navigate my way to the correct sub forum!  I prefer my google app for browsing the forum but a nice alternative for uploading build reports, etc. would definitely be great.

rullywowr

I wish they would stop changing the UI every week.  The ads aren't a huge problem.
I find it excessively annoying that every time I start TT I have to change the "FEED" to select Madbean Forum, then Timeline.  Pain in the satchel.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

miter53

Get a Windows phone...no ads and the app hasn't changed (been updated) in a long time  ;)
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

jimilee

Quote from: miter53 on April 05, 2015, 07:18:15 PM
Get a Windows phone...no ads and the app hasn't changed (been updated) in a long time  ;)
That's because it constantly reboots!!! Badum Tis!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.