News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

green russian

Started by cjkbug, June 17, 2011, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

here's a mudbunny built to green russian specs. I used bc547's for transistors throughout. I have posted my values for the mids control mod in another post, they work well so I am sticking with them. this pedal proguces a HUGE range of tone. the mids control is a welcome addition. the diodes are socketed and stuffed with run of the mill 1n914's. I don't see any reason to change them. everything is sounding great so I'm leaving well enough alone. full face decal over green etching primer.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

DrStantz

--
"Listen. Do you smell something?"

Haberdasher

Love the art on that decal.  That's good stuff.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

Yeah very nice build mate. It reminds me of a catalinbread pedal for some reason.

I also built a green russian recently (can't post pics cos my cameras bust  >:() and noticed that it doesn't really need much tweaking. Stook all kinds of clipping diodes in but think Im just gonna stick with 1N4148's.

I like the art too. I recognise the coat of arms but I am not sure where from!

cjkbug

it's a Russian eagle. symbol of the Romanov dynasty. I put the schematic symbol for transistor in the shield.

sgmezei

The transistor/shield is BOSS, looks totally awesome.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great decal design!! I especially like the transistor symbol in the shield, which looks almost 3d in the picture. The mids knob is a great addition and I'm gonna continue to add it to all the muffs I build for now. Im trying to remember, you changed R18 to 3.3K?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

FuzzMonkey

Nice wiring. I wish I was that tidy! Well done.

cjkbug

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 17, 2011, 08:44:56 PM
Great decal design!! I especially like the transistor symbol in the shield, which looks almost 3d in the picture. The mids knob is a great addition and I'm gonna continue to add it to all the muffs I build for now. Im trying to remember, you changed R18 to 3.3K?
I think I changed it to 12k, but don't hold me to it.

nzCdog

Awesome graphics man... like it a lot

dwstanford

That pedal runs on 9V. (9 shots of Vodka)

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jcuempire

Gorgeous.  If it sounds as good as you say, I wouldn't mind building one and selling my big old bulbous green muff pi.  Great job