News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Signal Generator for PC

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, April 03, 2015, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Can anyone recommend a good signal generator program for PC? Free is preferred  ;)

Just something I can plug directly from my sound card output and into a pedal for testing/calibration.

Thanks!

midwayfair

I think you'd need to make yourself a re-amp box for this to be accurate for testing, honestly. If you did that you could just use some recorded sound files of a guitar playing. I'd be happy to make you some guitar tracks recorded direct with no EQ/effects/etc. on them.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on April 03, 2015, 06:57:03 PM
I think you'd need to make yourself a re-amp box for this to be accurate for testing, honestly. If you did that you could just use some recorded sound files of a guitar playing. I'd be happy to make you some guitar tracks recorded direct with no EQ/effects/etc. on them.

I appreciate the offer Jon. What I am looking for is something I can put into some BBD based builds so I can calibrate them. Usually, I inject a 200Hz sine wave at 200mV and go from there. I don't know how an actual recorded track would look on an oscope or how easy it would be to interpret the subtleties needed for cal.  :-\

midwayfair

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 03, 2015, 07:01:54 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on April 03, 2015, 06:57:03 PM

I appreciate the offer Jon. What I am looking for is something I can put into some BBD based builds so I can calibrate them. Usually, I inject a 200Hz sine wave at 200mV and go from there. I don't know how an actual recorded track would look on an oscope or how easy it would be to interpret the subtleties needed for cal.  :-\

Ahhh. Yeah, guitar tracks would be wildly inappropriate for that.

Govmnt_Lacky

Is there a program out there I can use like this? I have a 3.5mm to 1/4 in. adapter. I can plug directly from my sound card output into the pedal input.

I tried to download SigJenny but, there was an error and it wouldn't work with my sound card  :-\

alanp

This sounds like a good excuse to build a Madbean Loophole :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pryde

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 03, 2015, 06:44:53 PM
Can anyone recommend a good signal generator program for PC? Free is preferred  ;)

Just something I can plug directly from my sound card output and into a pedal for testing/calibration.

Thanks!

I use TruRTA for various things when I am to lazy to fire up my old signal generator, etc. Can't beat free.

https://www.trueaudio.com/rta_down.htm