News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echoplex & Rub-a-Dub Commercial Clone: Do we have another JHS on our hands?

Started by brand0nized, April 02, 2015, 05:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brand0nized

Just stumbled upon this mega pedal marketed as a dual delay + reverb. Noticed that the delay looks identical to Josh's Echoplex with modulation. And also a 1-knob Belton reverb! Hm...

http://foxpedal.com/collections/effects/products/the-wave-dual-delay-reverb-modulation

Unless I missed somewhere in the fine print that Josh has authorized this...

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Farndurk school of pedal building... He's not back is he? Upside down enclosures and perfectly aligned stampage. Quite neat inside too.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

gtr2

Quote from: brand0nized on April 02, 2015, 05:24:37 AM
Just stumbled upon this mega pedal marketed as a dual delay + reverb. Noticed that the delay looks identical to Josh's Echoplex with modulation. And also a 1-knob Belton reverb! Hm...

Unless I missed somewhere in the fine print that Josh has authorized this...

He did  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

brand0nized

He did  ;)

Thanks for the confirmation. My hope in the world has been restored. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

culturejam

Quote from: juansolo on April 02, 2015, 08:52:11 AM
Farndurk school of pedal building... He's not back is he? Upside down enclosures and perfectly aligned stampage. Quite neat inside too.

Some writing inside one of the boxes says "Made in Poland". Probably not Farny. But you never know.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

lincolnic

What happened to that guy, anyway? His work was incredible.

culturejam

Quote from: lincolnic on April 02, 2015, 08:45:46 PM

Oh boy. There was a mega meltdown at TGP and some other forums as well. TL,DR: He *allegedly* mismanaged business funds, got very behind on order fulfilment, and ended up using funds from new orders to cover old orders. And it all spiraled out of reasonability from there. Plenty of threads on it at TGP, a few of which are really epic, including some guy calling up Farndurk and recording the phone call and posting the recording.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

The Farndurk enclosure drilling and finishing, while very cool, must have added quite a bit of work.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Quote from: culturejam on April 03, 2015, 12:32:49 AM

Oh boy. There was a mega meltdown at TGP and some other forums as well. TL,DR: He *allegedly* mismanaged business funds, got very behind on order fulfilment, and ended up using funds from new orders to cover old orders. And it all spiraled out of reasonability from there. Plenty of threads on it at TGP, a few of which are really epic, including some guy calling up Farndurk and recording the phone call and posting the recording.

Oof. I don't read TGP, so I didn't expect it was going to be that bad. Sorry to hear it!

brand0nized

Quote from: lincolnic on April 03, 2015, 03:57:20 AM
Quote from: culturejam on April 03, 2015, 12:32:49 AM

Oof. I don't read TGP, so I didn't expect it was going to be that bad. Sorry to hear it!

Yup. I stopped visiting TGP because of all the craziness. Things are more tame on this side of the guitar gear world.