News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I found this interesting...

Started by GrindCustoms, March 31, 2015, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I think quite simply, we should all change our name to Brian. Basically if you're into pedals and called Brian you seem to be a fairly cool and balanced dude...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pryde

Someone should have asked Josh if he has ever heard any circuits from ROG  8)

culturejam

Did anybody else notice that Josh, when asked how he got into the pedal business, looks over at Wampler and points and says "Pretty much his story."  ;D

Start watching at about 9:00 for that gem.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Quote from: culturejam on April 01, 2015, 08:12:57 PM
Did anybody else notice that Josh, when asked how he got into the pedal business, looks over at Wampler and points and says "Pretty much his story."  ;D

Start watching at about 9:00 for that gem.

+1000

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GrindCustoms

I was also hoping that Josh would have mentionned when talking about the klone that he was at first cloning it on Sunking boards....  not good for credibilty, but for the honesty side it's a plus. rofl

One thing that i'll give him, is the view that he have of the whole buisness and i think that is what made them successfull, he have a good foreseeing and that worth a lot. And i think i would also be frustrated to receive some cloned pedals of my offerings for warranty repairs.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

micromegas

Quote from: juansolo on April 01, 2015, 09:10:11 AM
I think quite simply, we should all change our name to Brian. Basically if you're into pedals and called Brian you seem to be a fairly cool and balanced dude...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

I'm pretty much over giving JHS any flack. They more or less changed course a couple of years ago as far as designing their own boards so don't bother about it any longer.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: madbean on April 01, 2015, 09:54:24 PM
I'm pretty much over giving JHS any flack. They more or less changed course a couple of years ago as far as designing their own boards so don't bother about it any longer.

That i'd agree... but in all his comments about DIY, he was litteraly explaining how he started his own buisness, using DIY layouts and the day after having a website and be a boutique company.... and he did'nt just do that with MB layouts.... it's just the fact of being a tad hypocrit in public like that, that irritated me.

Sorry if i used one of your layout as an exemple, was'nt meaning to stir up some shit.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

blearyeyes

Prolly karma's why he gets clones in for repair.

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on April 01, 2015, 09:54:24 PM

My hat is off to the man for his success and demonstration of unbridled capitalism, no doubt. I view him/his company a lot like I view Lovepedal: they are the Cobra Kai Dojo of the boutique pedal world. No mercy and lots of winning.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects