News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Taiwanese Jacks

Started by insomniac2295, June 16, 2011, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insomniac2295

Does anyone have experience with the Taiwanese jacks from pedal parts plus? I'm building a loop strip that requires 15 1/4" jacks and I'm looking to save some money by not using Switchcraft or Neutrik. Any reviews would be nice.

petesz

ive used really cheap jacks in the past and they are horrible. feels flimsy putting the jack in and for some reason nearly impossible to solder, the solder doesnt stick. never again. i like those plastic isolated jacks though for a change.

insomniac2295

thats a sick deal! does anyone have experience w/ GLS?

cjkbug

Quote from: insomniac2295 on June 17, 2011, 02:09:13 AM
I do they are awesome. I've cabled quite a few racks with there connectors and jacks. the pancake right angle connectors are top notch and the 1/4" jacks are really good quality and they ship fast.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

insomniac2295

Quote from: cjkbug on June 17, 2011, 02:44:41 AM
Quote from: insomniac2295 on June 17, 2011, 02:09:13 AM
I do they are awesome. I've cabled quite a few racks with there connectors and jacks. the pancake right angle connectors are top notch and the 1/4" jacks are really good quality and they ship fast.
Thanks! I think I'm actually going to order from Amazon. Free two day shipping :)

jkokura

I've used those taiwanese jacks. They're alright, but sometimes they need a bit smaller of a hole than the regular switchcraft/neutrik #11 jacks.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals