News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wire Pre sale

Started by Donleo, March 30, 2015, 03:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donleo

Just a heads up, that there's going to be a presale on wire @ guitarpcb soon.

john_p_wi

Never used it, is it as good as his email claims?  Any opinions?

Haberdasher

if it's the barry's best stuff, yeah it is AWESOME
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

micromegas

I shared it on facebook but, just because: someone from Spain that would like to share shipping costs?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Betty Wont

Good stuff. I wish it was a little thicker, but its still the best I've ever used.

john_p_wi

Thanks guys, I'm used to 22 gauge UL1569 wire, Berry's best appears to be 24 gauge - I'll give it a go - why not...

Donleo

It's the best I have ever used. They don't make it anymore, so he makes a presale to buy enough for them to make it. I made sure this time that I don't run out.

Schectadon

Barry's wire is the best, pre-tinned, flexible enough to bend where you want it and rigid enough to hold its shape. 6-colors available at a discounted $1.69 for 10ft. Barry just posted that he is at 35% of what he needs to submit the order to the manufacturer. This wire is out of production, american made and they only produce it for Barry, but he must order a minimum to get it. This is great wire.
Formerly known as TwistdDeth

rullywowr

Thanks for the heads up guys...i've been using a large ass spool of non-prebonded 24 gauge which works well but is a pain to tin etc.

How does this compare to Small Bear?  I've only used SB's wire...which is great too.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

rullywowr

Quote from: rullywowr on March 31, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys...i've been using a large ass spool of non-prebonded 24 gauge which works well but is a pain to tin etc.

How does this compare to Small Bear?  I've only used SB's wire...which is great too.

Sorry for duplicate post....

SB wire is $0.10/ft in 50 foot lengths and $0.06/ft in a 1000 foot spool.  Is barry's that much better @ $0.16/ft? 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Donleo

I used both, SB is a good wire, but is a piss-off when it snaps. This wire never does me wrong. Its strong, doesn't frey and is shapeable. Get some!

Haberdasher

i definitely like it better than smallbear wire.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jighead81

Thanks for the info, just ordered a bunch!

thesameage

Just put in for 30 feet.

Rockhorst

I still have enough, but can always use more. Shipping to Europe kills the deal most of the times sadly (about $50 last time, IIRC). If any Dutch people are ordering, I'd be up for sharing shipping costs. PM me if interested.