News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Daughter Daddy EM drive

Started by jimilee, March 30, 2015, 03:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Here is an EM drive, nothin fantastic, but my 7 year old daughter soldered every component, I did the wiring, and of course she did the outside. I'm too proud, she is so smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Gave me a smile this morning.  :D

7-year-old soldering? That's awesome.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

Leevibe

rullywowr

This is just awesome!  Great Father-Daughter Easter project :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

That is so awesome. What a fun project.

Cody

bcalla

This post is a real treat.  Congrats for indoctrinating another young'un.

studiodunn

Great Monday motivation man. Thanks for this.

raulduke

This is great jimi.

So so cool. Great Monday cheer up!

cooder

How cool is that!?! Super....! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

Luke51411

The build reports that have a little extra meaning are the best!

GermanCdn

Well done Jimi, on both the pedal and the daughter that built it.

And, the best part is, the gutshot of the pedal built by the 7 year old is cleaner than a lot of the booteeqers out there.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

TGP39

Seven? Wow. My 14 year old daughter just asked me to teach her how to solder and I was hesitant. This is very inspiring.

Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jimilee

Quote from: TGP39 on March 31, 2015, 12:54:27 AM
Seven? Wow. My 14 year old daughter just asked me to teach her how to solder and I was hesitant. This is very inspiring.

Steve
Hey steve, we started with soldering wires on to some strip board, after a while she was doing well. So I looked for a simple project with as little parts as possible and the EM drive fit perfectly.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.