News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Germanium trans. specs (like max voltage)

Started by jtn191, March 28, 2015, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

It's weird, I tried finding data sheets but germ transistors are like the forgotten middle child of electronics. For a possible mic preamp project I was wondering what the max voltage these could handle:

MN16B, GT108B, some AC187

Also thought up what if these were Darlington pairs for more gain? Or in another scenario, what of you used fet's arranged as in Catalinbread's tube designs or Jack Orman's booster...don't think that's been done much.

Also I ran an sm57 into my Meathead or mkii Tonebender and into my console's hi z input...sounds better than I expected, in a lofi way.

dont-tase-me-bro

I saw two of them in here.  whether or not this is accurate, I don't know

http://alltransistors.com
I thought this would save me money.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jtn191

EBRAddict

You can also use 2 NPN Si and 1 PNP Ge to simulate a high-gain NPN Ge. Use 2 NPN Si in a low-gain piggyback to feed a PNP Ge in a Sziklai pair.

I just happen to be working on one at the moment.

The problem with Ge Darlington pairs is you are multiplying the leakage of Q1 times the gain of Q2.

davent

With the Russian pnp ge's leakage is very very low.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?