News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LaserWolf Phaser Bypass Led indicator not working

Started by Donleo, March 28, 2015, 07:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donleo

Hi! I'm having a problem with my bypass indicator light, for the phaser section of the laserwolf. It doesn't light up, despite the effect working. Everything else works, and sounds amazing. I used J201 for Q1-Q4 (R53-1k), and a matched set of 2n5952 for Q7-Q10 (turned 180 degrees for the pinout)
I removed the led, and checked it with a 3v cell, it works...also checked to see that it was orientated properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-donleo

m-Kresol

as your effect is working, you definitely have voltage supply. Try reflowing the CLR and the LED itself, could be a cold solder joint somewhere.
we are talking about the bypass LED not the phase speed indicator, right?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Donleo

You are correct. The phase speed indicator is working, and is flashing. I'll try reflowing, and see if that works...

madbean

Let me check the PCB design...mine was also not working at one point but I thought it was just a bum led. I will make sure there is no missing trace there (just to be sure it is coincidence).

Donleo

On the phaser bypass, it lights up if I touch L to S (with sound)

madbean

Okay, I see what the problem is. It's not the LED connections but the ground pad on that row of connections. It did not get connected to ground, which is why your LED is not lighting up.

I will post a correction and instructions in the Errata section.

Donleo

Ok...cool! Many thanks to you and M-Kresol for responding so quickly to my dilemma. This pedal rocks!!!!

-donleo

Donleo

I tried that fix, using that via, to the ground pad (using a resistor lead) It didn't work for me.

m-Kresol

did you check your 3PDT wiring? check continuity for the switch between the lugs to make sure the switch is working properly. are you sure you've got the polarity of the diode correct?

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

Donleo

Did that, all 3 3pdt's are all wired the same. Checked continuity between the switch lugs, the rows being responsive when the footswitch is in the appropriate position. All three led flags are flying in the same direction, if you know what I mean. I desoldered, tested, and put a new one in its place.

jimilee

Check continuity to ground from where the led is now wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Donleo

Just checked, there's continuity there, from ground to led

m-Kresol

ok, having ground to the LED sounds good so far. You mentioned you've tested the LED too, so that one should be good. The only thing I can think of now is the CLR! make sure it is indeed the correct value - 4k7 usually. Maybe you accidentally soldered in a 47k or something, which will make the LED super dark ;)

If that's not the culprit, please upload a picture of the area in question

Donleo