News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar!!!

Started by nzCdog, June 16, 2011, 02:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

RAWK!  The uproar, 95% Clone of Suhr Riot with a few switching options... 3W Clipping diodes select, 2W Mid focus and 2W Bass boost. Tasty oversized polypropylene and mica caps,  waterclear red LED true bypass etc...  Handpainted by my beloved, photos don't do it justice it is truly livid to behold, absolutely my favourite pedal now...

Took a while to choose the final cap values for C8-10 but after research and experiments, I've settled on what works for me.  This pedal is so much fun! 8) 8) 8)

k.rock!

Whoa!! Nice paint job man! Looks great!! Record a demo or something, let's hear it! :D

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

thanks man... I don't normally do good demos but I gave it a shot  :P
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2059.0

redbean

Great paint job! ;) I was cruising the big box stores and auto shops this evening in order to see what kind of pain they stock - mostly Rust-Oleum and Krylon. The limited choices could do in a pinch, but I decided I did not like anything, and now I am thinking about painting my boxes by hand using acrylics.
es là-bas!!

cjkbug

I got a bunch of good stuff at autozone. they had some great metal flake clearcoat and a line of rustoleum auto touchup in cans. and a super tough clear for alumimum rims.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

Thank guys...  Those proper art paints are so much more vibrant in pigments that the spraycans I had been using... got one more pedal to build and my wife is definately painting that one too! ;D

redbean

Quote from: nzCdog on June 16, 2011, 07:09:13 AM
Thank guys...  Those proper art paints are so much more vibrant in pigments that the spraycans I had been using... got one more pedal to build and my wife is definately painting that one too! ;D

I'd like to use acrylics, as soon as I can find a good paint source, and figure out the best way to make it stick to the aluminum. I've got some old Rust-Oleum paint I might use, just to use it up.

If I may ask, what type and brand of paint do you use?

es là-bas!!

nzCdog

My wife uses Atelier acrylic paints...  but I sprayed it with an etch primer first

redbean

Quote from: nzCdog on June 16, 2011, 08:10:54 AM
My wife uses Atelier acrylic paints...  but I sprayed it with an etch primer first

Thanks!  ;D
es là-bas!!

FuzzMonkey

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

slimtriggers

That's awesome!  And it sounds as good as it looks! 8)

k.rock!

Quote from: nzCdog on June 16, 2011, 04:47:57 AM
thanks man... I don't normally do good demos but I gave it a shot  :P
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2059.0

Dude! Sounds awesome!! You kinda fooled me a little and I kept waiting for Dave Grohl to come in the song...haha great job!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

cjkbug

Quote from: nzCdog on June 16, 2011, 07:09:13 AM
You are absolutely right about this Try "Montana" brand spray paint. It was developed specifically for arisol art...ahem graffitti and fine art. It is rather expensive but carries an incredibly high pigment load and is available in over a hundred colors. I have several  graffiti friends in Japan that swear by it.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

Thanks dudes...  :D   and I'll keep an eye out for that Montana spraypaint, cjkbug