News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY pedalboard guide

Started by StevieM17, March 23, 2015, 04:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

I made a mistake about shipping from Parts Express. It starts at 5.95 but free if you spend $98 up. They sometimes have coupons for $5 off on purchases of $25 up but haven't seen one in awhile. Sorry about that.

thesameage

Guess I'll continue the pedal board build here instead of start a new thread. Just got my first photo back:

StevieM17

I saw that on Instagram! Using 75 year old shelving? Looks pretty good so far, how many pedals are you wanting to put on that size?

thesameage

I need to check his instagram... I'm a bass player, so I don't need much. Probably six pedals: Tuner>comp>OD>Muff/fuzz>modulation>looper for practice. I just want a home base for all of my stuff. I like to have limits. If I had a huge board, I'd fill it up with nonsense. With a smaller one, it's one in/one out.

micromegas

Forgot to say I commented on his facebook page about the closing of his blog.
The guy told me he couldn't  maintain both sites but that he is going to start selling DIY parts & kits on his site.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

StevieM17

That's exactly how I am thesameage, that's about the size I'm looking for. I'd rather not have a huge board with a bunch of pedals I don't even use. And micromegas I saw that too. I'm with you, I wish I wouldve downloaded some of his plans

thesameage

Quote from: micromegas on March 26, 2015, 06:39:10 PM
Forgot to say I commented on his facebook page about the closing of his blog.
The guy told me he couldn't  maintain both sites but that he is going to start selling DIY parts & kits on his site.

DIY parts and kits are a great idea.

m-Kresol

Quote from: thesameage on March 26, 2015, 06:38:32 PM
If I had a huge board, I'd fill it up with nonsense.

I thought that was the whole point of this hobby ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

thesameage

As my wife says, everyone needs an editor...

Justus

Pretty cool to follow build threads like this.  Reminds me to start taking pictures of the process that my father-in-law and I started for my pedal board, which we halted due to running out of time for the day and running out of board to use (I had to go back to the lumberyard anyway, lol).

So far this build looks very similar, with the exception of size and interior shape.  I'm using 1" solid poplar for the bulk of my build.

thesameage

The drilling on the inside (what do you even call that?) to screw things together is pretty pro. I would not have thought of doing that.

playpunk

Those are pocket screw holes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

thesameage

Latest round of photos. Handles are just resting there, but he thinks that maybe they will take up too much space for such a small board. What do you guys think? Leave them off?

StevieM17

looks good! i would say if you're trying to cram a bunch of pedals I would leave them off, could give you enough room for that one extra pedal. If not it still looks really good and is definitely more convenient!

thesameage

Looks like the guy is now ramping down his business to have it be more of a hobby. Not sure how I got in as one of his last builds, but I'm thankful for that.