News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PS-1A

Started by alanp, March 22, 2015, 03:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

PS-1A phaser pedal. This is based on some old keyboard unit, originally, mods provided by Juansolo, Cleggy, and Rej (who also provided a boot up the bum to get moving on this.)

I'm too lazy to bother with the etched version, sorry. I used a 1590Q, from memory, chiefly because I had it lying around (don't remember why) and there were no clearance issues.

This is running off 12V AC, not 9V DC. Linear power supply on board, nice and clean with no ticking :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Pretty awesome Alan! Love to hear a demo of this one :)

GrindCustoms

Nice!

Digging the countersunk LED holes :D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

cooder

Very cool Alan! How do you like the sound?
BigNoise Amplification

blearyeyes

+1 on the countersink leds

alanp

Well, my mate Jodie did the countersinked bit for his Doobie Ganja (Doppelganger, he heard of Soldersqueeze's build and his brain went PING!), then I saw Rej using the technique, and I thought, "I can do that!"

It involves dropping the drill press for half a heartbeat, then pulling back and seeing if you need to go further :) Not hard, you just can't do it if you have hamhanded fists of lead. Luckily for me, I'm just hamhanded.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

GrindCustoms

All my one off pedals are drilled using a hand drill, that's 99% of the builts i've posted here... I mostly use 3mm LED, so i use a 1/8 drill bit to make the initial hole as it's what i use to do all my pilot holes (3/32 for the pot nubs), i then the big step drill and do all of my other holes to size, once i'm done i just go over the LED holes, keeping the drill straight, drop into it until i get the depth that i want.

And i'd think that i have regular hands...
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

I'm just sayin', if a meatworker like ME can do it, then ANYONE can...
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

PS1A, I came to the conclusion last night, is the best phaser ever.

End of.

It's the dogs bollocks.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

the3secondrule

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

cooder

Quote from: juansolo on March 22, 2015, 09:40:37 AM
PS1A, I came to the conclusion last night, is the best phaser ever.

End of.

It's the dogs bollocks.
Man I that makes me even more keen....!
How about those power requirements... could it be run off 18V dc and the down regulated? How much current does it draw, would a LT1054 be good to up 9V to 18V and then run this off?
You guys have probably already thought of all those things right....?
BigNoise Amplification

Bret608

Really awesome--a friend of mine had an original one of these back in the day, so I can attest that they sound damn cool.

Leevibe

I very much dig this Alan. Credits for graphics = awesome

jubal81

Brilliant work, bud. I know this one is a monster. Big congrats.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Great layout for sure Alan. I can't wait to get my hands on this project from the Grind crew.

Cody