News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TC Electronic TonePrint

Started by raulduke, March 20, 2015, 03:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Anyone got a toneprint enabled pedal?

I'm especially interested in the mini delay and reverb.

The editor looks really neat and the new little mini delay is really tempting me.

pickdropper

I own the Vortex and used to own the Flashback.  I installed the tone print app and tried it out.  It seemed pretty neat.

But I never used again. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

My dad has TC Electronic Corona and uses the app from his iPhone. Tell you the truth it was a "spend the day messing with it and trying different patches then never mess with it again" kind of thing.. at least for him. I think its a great concept but I wish it had the ability to hold more than one patch. 4 would be awesome and would give you a little more versatility than locked to one "print" and needing to bust your phone out to find more tone prints.

Cody

brand0nized

Beware that if you're looking for the audio tap function the mini delay can only do quarter notes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muadzin

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 20, 2015, 04:11:19 PM
My dad has TC Electronic Corona and uses the app from his iPhone. Tell you the truth it was a "spend the day messing with it and trying different patches then never mess with it again" kind of thing.. at least for him. I think its a great concept but I wish it had the ability to hold more than one patch. 4 would be awesome and would give you a little more versatility than locked to one "print" and needing to bust your phone out to find more tone prints.

Cody

Aye, the toneprint app is a cool gizmo and my flashback delay is cool and quite easy to work. But it will NEVER in a million years kick my nova delay of my board because of those reasons you listed. They should really have included more then just one tone print preset. For delays that is. For modulation I'm not even bothering with tone prints. How hard is it to turn a few knobs on a chorus or flanger?

raulduke

Thanks for the info guys.

Looking like more of a gimmick than something that gets regularly used eh.

Muadzin

I'd say think of it as a flashy way to store a single preset. Which is still 100% more preset capability then you get with 99% of all other pedals out there.

pryde

Funny same exact experience here with toneprint. I got one saved in my flashback I like but have never messed with it again.

Frank_NH

I have a TC Electronic Alter Ego X4. Here's my perspective on the toneprint feature.

The Alter Ego and Flashback X4 models are essentially the same unit, except the Alter Ego has vintage echo options on the selection dial  (versus the modern delays on the Flashback) + 4 tone print slots.  So you can download and use more than one toneprint with the X4, which makes it very versatile.

What I've discovered in using the Alter Ego is that I like both vintage and modern echos/delays.  So I am using the tone print slots for the modern delays.

In addition, for live use I need to have more than one echo/delay available.  With the X4 models, you have three presets which are accessible via footswitches.  A fourth switch gives you tap tempo.  So I can load three echos/delays, all with individual presets for delay level and feedback, and access them during a gig with the pres of a footswitch.  Very convenient!

If you don't need multiple echo/delays or just use individual effects in a studio environment, then the X4 is overkill and I'd opt for a delay/echo unit which had a specific sound I wanted.  You may end up with 10 units, but that would provide you with versatility in the studio.

There is a downside to the X4 and that is that it takes up space on your pedalboard.  But if you need the convenience for live use, it's worth it.

rullywowr

I have a HOF and love the sound.  I've only messed with the tone print function once.  I haven't played around with the editor yet but have heard good things.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!