News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stripper for ribbon cable?

Started by jubal81, March 19, 2015, 04:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Anyone able to recommend a good, affordable stripper for doing ribbon cable?

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

I have only used these on ribbon cable:

They are not the best solution but they work. Look forward to seeing other ideas from other members..

Cody

pickdropper

I use my ideal stripmaster, but it only does one wire at a time.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 19, 2015, 04:35:54 PM
They are not the best solution but they work. Look forward to seeing other ideas from other members..

Same here. It's the only thing I've found that will strip 3 or more wires at once.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

Quote from: culturejam on March 19, 2015, 05:40:27 PM

Same here. It's the only thing I've found that will strip 3 or more wires at once.

Thanks, guys.
What brand is that and where can I find it?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jubal81 on March 19, 2015, 05:52:03 PM
Quote from: culturejam on March 19, 2015, 05:40:27 PM

Thanks, guys.
What brand is that and where can I find it?

I pick them up at Harbor Freight but make sure you try them out there since the quality can be from ass to not so ass. I know Lowes and Home Depot carry them also and may be better build quality. I think it GB Tools that makes the ones I have seen in Lowes.

Cody

culturejam

I got mine at, believe it or not, a Key Food grocery store in my old neighborhood in Staten Island.  ;D

selfdestroyer

Quote from: culturejam on March 19, 2015, 06:17:25 PM
I got mine at, believe it or not, a Key Food grocery store in my old neighborhood in Staten Island.  ;D

Doesn't the Wu-Tang own that store. lol I feel that Wu owns everything in Staten Island.. haha

Cody

culturejam

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 19, 2015, 06:23:58 PM

Doesn't the Wu-Tang own that store. lol I feel that Wu owns everything in Staten Island.. haha

Cody

When we first moved there, my wife took a part-time job at the Blockbuster down the street. No kidding, one night Method Man showed up to rent some videos.  8)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: culturejam on March 19, 2015, 06:27:38 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 19, 2015, 06:23:58 PM

Cody

When we first moved there, my wife took a part-time job at the Blockbuster down the street. No kidding, one night Method Man showed up to rent some videos.  8)

That's awesome. lol

Never meet any one from the Wu but I did meet E-40 here in San Francisco and hung out at a bar with him for a few hours. He was a crack up.

Cody

jubal81

Well, totally shut out.
Home depot, Lowes, 2 Ace hardware stores, an electrical supply store and Grainger. No luck.

Harbor freight had one, but it looked like a piece of crap.
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

If you're set on the length of ribbon pieces you need, i'd simply buy custom cutted length/stripped bundles from www.squires.com
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 19, 2015, 10:16:05 PM
If you're set on the length of ribbon pieces you need, i'd simply buy custom cutted length/stripped bundles from www.squires.com

Nice link. Thanks Rej, I may use that for a few projects here at work also.

Cody

alanp

I have a couple of Proskit spanners that are *just right* for Alpha pot nuts (10mm) and those red toggle switches (8mm). The 8mm one also fits the 3.5mm jack nuts perfectly as well :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website