News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My overdrive pedals keep disappearing

Started by Luke51411, March 19, 2015, 01:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I feel like I've built dozens of overdrive pedals but they keep disappearing... I think I have one finished one around right now. Does anyone else have this problem? For some reason OD just seems to be the pedal I sell to fund the next parts purchase or the pedal that a friend really has to have. Then the thought process is... Meh, I'll just build another one, it's just an OD... But I never seem to have more than one to choose from myself. Life is hard sometimes. 8)

Betty Wont

OK, this "transparent" OD thing is officially out of hand.

Luke51411

Haha My OD builds are SO transparent I can't even find them!

Tremster

My observation:
when selling DIY pedals in the classifieds, people never ask for anything other than Tubescreamer, OCD, Tone Bender, Big Muff. Nothing else.

Luke51411

Quote from: Tremster on March 19, 2015, 02:13:32 PM
My observation:
when selling DIY pedals in the classifieds, people never ask for anything other than Tubescreamer, OCD, Tone Bender, Big Muff. Nothing else.
So true. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not sure) I have some friends that are after certain tone and don't really care what pedal gets them there.

jimilee

I can't keep them either, I seem to have lost a klon, sold 2 more and a couple of tubescreamers. Every time I build one, somebody else just has to have it. I've managed to hold on to a tubescreamer but still have no klon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Frank_NH

I have the opposite problem - my collection of overdrive/distortion/amp-sim circuits keeps growing!  I need to figure out how to get rid of my excess... :P

(Of course most of my builds are just tested boards and not boxed.  There must be a market for populated boards... :D)

Luke51411

Quote from: Frank_NH on March 19, 2015, 06:22:01 PM
I have the opposite problem - my collection of overdrive/distortion/amp-sim circuits keeps growing!  I need to figure out how to get rid of my excess... :P

(Of course most of my builds are just tested boards and not boxed.  There must be a market for populated boards... :D)
Hmm I wonder where you could find people that wanted populated boards... I can't think of anywhere myself ;)

blearyeyes

Are you using disappearing ink on your decals?