News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!!!

Started by jimilee, March 17, 2015, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So here is my latest new guitar. It's a little Indonesian tele that I play at home because I am a bass player and have no need for stage worthy guitars, but I'd do it in a heart beat. I had a big 100 lb peavey tnt amp I no longer used and moved it about three times from house to house, so it had to go.. I like it, sounds great with my tweaker head and Marshall cab.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Rip it up, bro. I dig!

A cool tele mod; get a 4-way switch. It lets you run the bridge and neck in series in addition to the three usual options.

jimilee

Sweet, thank you. I'm going to do the giilmour mod on my strat eventually.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Killer axe!
Quote from: madbean on March 17, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
Rip it up, bro. I dig!

A cool tele mod; get a 4-way switch. It lets you run the bridge and neck in series in addition to the three usual options.
I wired up my strat with new Timbo pickups and a push pull for neck-bridge series and I'd recommend having that as an option as well! All without adding an extra switch on a tele, heck yeah!

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on March 17, 2015, 04:58:59 PM
Killer axe!
Quote from: madbean on March 17, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
Rip it up, bro. I dig!

I wired up my strat with new Timbo pickups and a push pull for neck-bridge series and I'd recommend having that as an option as well! All without adding an extra switch on a tele, heck yeah!
That's what I'm thinking

selfdestroyer

Great looking Tele. If you are going to rewire it you should grab some of Timbo's pickups for the beast.

Cody

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 17, 2015, 07:52:26 PM
Great looking Tele. If you are going to rewire it you should grab some of Timbo's pickups for the beast.

Cody
That's also what I was thinking.

Luke51411

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 17, 2015, 07:52:26 PM

Cody
Seconded! I'm loving my set of Timbo pickups in my strat.

culturejam

Nice!

It just seems like no matter the price point, Teles all manage to play and sound pretty damn good.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pryde

While we are at it modding your guitar go ahead and flip that control panel around and swap the V and T pots. You will be able to do sweet volume swells and drive the ladies crazy  ;)

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pryde on March 17, 2015, 08:26:26 PM
While we are at it modding your guitar go ahead and flip that control panel around and swap the V and T pots. You will be able to do sweet volume swells and drive the ladies crazy  ;)

+1 I always forget about that mod. Super usable.

Cody

pryde

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 17, 2015, 08:34:35 PM

Cody

It's true! I have landed tons of chicks just from doing this simple mod...wait it was just one chick that weighed a ton  ;D

Hogharry

Nice Tele! I like the colour/pickguard combo.
Quote from: jimilee on March 17, 2015, 04:08:02 PM
Sweet, thank you. I'm going to do the giilmour mod on my strat eventually.
That's what I'll do next time my Mexi-Strat is in bits. I used a push-push pot on my Strat build and it works very well. Extra sounds for minimal cost and effort.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

jimilee

Quote from: pryde on March 17, 2015, 08:40:52 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 17, 2015, 08:34:35 PM

Cody

It's true! I have landed tons of chicks just from doing this simple mod...wait it was just one chick that weighed a ton  ;D
You should play bass, we are pussy magnets!