News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

West Coast Pedal Board promo

Started by Luke51411, March 17, 2015, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

They are offering a "Demo Rock" board for the cost of shipping ($15), I figured I would try it out but I upgraded to the 10x7 version for $10 extra. Maybe I can make a 1590A board out of it or something, if nothing else it will be good for demo pics/vids and portable for taking to show off a pedal or two. I'm not affiliated I just saw someone post this on another forum and it seems like something a few people may be interested in here.
http://shop.westcoastpedalboard.com/West-Coast-Demo-Rock-p/pedal-board-demorock.htm
I'll post my results when it arrives.

thesameage

Looks interesting... can you put a power supply underneath? It's unclear from the photos.

Luke51411

I believe so, I'll report when it arrives.

micromegas

It says the item qualifies for "free shipping"

Ok: 35$ shipping international... I may order one in a future just for fun.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Luke51411

Quote from: micromegas on March 17, 2015, 04:01:45 PM
It says the item qualifies for "free shipping"

Ok: 35$ shipping international... I may order one in a future just for fun.
Yeah that's kind of confusing. I think you have to order $100 worth or something to get free shipping

Govmnt_Lacky

Looks tempting however, I am having a hard time seeing its usage other than for taking photos as a pedestal. It only accommodates 1 pedal.

Can anyone else think of something?  :-\

micromegas

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 17, 2015, 04:46:45 PM
Looks tempting however, I am having a hard time seeing its usage other than for taking photos as a pedestal. It only accommodates 1 pedal.

I think that's its only purpose: to be used in demos or in stores to make your pedal more interesting for the public :).

Although you can always make your own or use a beautiful chunk of raw wood (with cortex and all)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Luke51411

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 17, 2015, 04:46:45 PM

Yeah I'm not really sure. I upgraded to the 10" one thinking maybe I could get 3 smaller pedals on there. If all else fails, maybe I'll just build some circuits into the box itself  8)

thesameage

I reached out to John Mergili and he will make you a "real" sized board for $100+ shipping and laquer the tweed.

Luke51411

I'm probably just a sucker for a gimmick haha. But my pedals will look so nice on top of it for photos and video... It will probably make them sound better too because... Mojo.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Luke51411 on March 17, 2015, 07:20:38 PM
I'm probably just a sucker for a gimmick haha. But my pedals will look so nice on top of it for photos and video... It will probably make them sound better too because... Mojo.

LOL... sorry but, until you get the entire photographer's rig a'la John... you will always be second fiddle.  ::)  ;D

Luke51411

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 17, 2015, 07:23:59 PM
Quote from: Luke51411 on March 17, 2015, 07:20:38 PM

LOL... sorry but, until you get the entire photographer's rig a'la John... you will always be second fiddle.  ::)  ;D
Haha true story, time to upgrade the photography rig now...

Luke51411

I got the demo rock in yesterday, it's pretty cool. It is small but I can fit 3 125b on there and probably 4 1590B or A. Again, I upgraded to the 10" version. I'll post pictures later. I'm thinking about building a few "always on" or set and forget into the base with an external foot switch or something like that.

Govmnt_Lacky

I was just looking on Reverb the other day and saw that someone stole your idea about using one of these as merely a photo platform to sell builds  ::)

Luke51411

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 14, 2015, 05:57:31 PM
I was just looking on Reverb the other day and saw that someone stole your idea about using one of these as merely a photo platform to sell builds  ::)
Yeah that is kind of what it was being marketed as I think. I just thought it might be kind of a neat little extra mini pedalboard... Now I just need to start building in 1590LBs like Cozybuilder at diysb ::) You could fit quite a few of those on there, I don't think I quite have enough self loathing for that though ;)