News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbaby

Started by slimtriggers, March 16, 2015, 04:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

I haven't built a pedal since August and I think I've forgotten everything I knew.  Most of the trouble I had with it was self inflicted.  When I rocked it, I got no sound.  I went around checking voltages, flipping the polarized caps that were supposed to be non-polarized caps, turning knobs etc.  Voltages were all good and I got sound in bypass, but for some reason I was getting nothing with the circuit engaged-even with the audio probe there was no sound anywhere.  I was just about to toss it in the box of fail when I got the idea to switch my input and output.  Bingo!  I'd plugged my input into the output and vice versa  >:(

Then the graphics.  I couldn't remember which paper I use for my toner transfers, and none of them seemed to work anymore.  I ended up going with magazine paper, but the transfer still came out grungy.  Still don't know what I was doing wrong.

I haven't played with it much yet, but so far I like it.  I'll try to get a quick demo of it up later this week.

m-Kresol

Sweet build.
Why is your photo host provider telling me that the content is X-rated?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

slimtriggers

I don't know?  Could be a default.  Sorry to let you down  ;D  I'll go check it out...

mcallisterra

Love the name and the graphics! LED placement is awesome.

midwayfair

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 16, 2015, 04:37:47 PM

Clearly it has something to do with the LED placement.

culturejam

Quote from: midwayfair on March 16, 2015, 05:14:47 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on March 16, 2015, 04:37:47 PM

Clearly it has something to do with the LED placement.

Fleshlight?  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

AntKnee

We all love a well placed LED! ::)
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

micromegas

I know what it is to stop building for a while..... almost a year clean. And every time I see my soldering iron I feel deeply sad...
I'll have to assume I'm not finishing my thesis before easter and rock some of my pcbs.... :)

That said. This one came awesome. It is nice to revive some newby moments once in a while, it happens to me every time I have to do some programming work again in a platform I haven't touched for some time.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

nzCdog

great build man, looks fantastic :)

rullywowr

Haha. That's great!  The name and LED is hilarious. Nice looking build.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

alanp

I dunno, a grungy look works for the theme you used :)

Pretty sweet work!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Hogharry

Great theme, great build.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

TGP39

Your PCB building skills are still primo!   I've made that input/output mistake several times. It's tricky when the whole damn thing is flipped upside down.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

billstein

slimtriggers

Thanks for the encouragement guys  :)  On the upside I've been playing my guitar a lot more and actually using the pedals I've built.  My band played a gig recently and I used all DIY stuff-my amp, pedals, guitar-and got compliments on the guitar sound, so that feels pretty good.

Quote from: culturejam on March 16, 2015, 07:01:29 PM
Fleshlight?  ;D

LOL  ;D