News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush LDR Question

Started by thetrend77, June 13, 2011, 05:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

So I've been working on getting my Double Flush built and I had a question about the LDR (I've never had to use one before lol). I have the 9203 photocell from smallbear (http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=711). So do I just solder it into the board and solder a red LED and bend them towards each other and heat shrink it?

Is it really that simple or do I have to do something else?

Also, is there a positive/negative on the photocell or does it not matter?

irmcdermott

It really is that simple. I've even wrapped them in Electrical tape before instead of heatshrink.

LDR is a Light Dependent Resistor, so just like any resistor, there is no positive and negative lead.

Ian

thetrend77

thetrend77

One more question; do I need a resistor on the LED?

Oh and another general Double Flush question, do I need an resistor on the main LED? It looks like R13 is connecting to the positive leg of the LED as it is, so that's kinda confusing me lol

Edit: oh look, 100 posts :P

bigmufffuzzwizz

It appears that R13 is your CLR so you don't need an extra resistor. I wouldn't think you would need one on the LDR/LED combo since your not applying 9v directly into the LED which is why you use the CLR. It probably would be stated if you needed to make an addition like that.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

thetrend77

Yeah that's what I figured. I just wanted to be sure, that way I didn't waste an LED. Thanks for the help!

bigmufffuzzwizz

No problem! Tell us how it sounds, I'd like to buy the new board when bean releases it.
LED's on me if you blow it  ;)

thetrend77

Well I'm missing a few cap values so I'm waiting on a Smallbear order so I can finish it. And I'm getting married on Friday, so with that and the honeymoon, I probably won't be able to finish it until after the 4th :(

Haberdasher

Dude you are going to love this tremelo.  I feel like crying every time I have to turn it off.

I guess marriage and a honeymoon is more important though, so have fun. :D

and congrats
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: thetrend77 on June 18, 2011, 06:49:24 PM
Well I'm missing a few cap values so I'm waiting on a Smallbear order so I can finish it. And I'm getting married on Friday, so with that and the honeymoon, I probably won't be able to finish it until after the 4th :(

That awesome!! Congratulations! Your gonna be itching to finish this in 2 weeks!!!  ;D