News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin filter issues

Started by onthetundra, March 02, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthetundra

Guys, I have built a sharkfin. I used bf245a jfets, 2n3904, bc560, and all of the ic's from the bom. The sample hold sounds great. The filter is just really dark and none of the attack, decay, or range pots seem to do anything. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, are there any ways to get something useable out of the filter? Thanks

midwayfair

Hi there, please follow the steps here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

In addition, to make sure your envelope is working, you will need to probe for voltages while playing a note on your guitar.

onthetundra

Yes I am aware of all of the usual steps to fix problems that might arise. I was hoping to come across someone who may have had a similar issue with the filter to see how the fixed it.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: onthetundra on March 03, 2015, 05:50:03 PM
Yes I am aware of all of the usual steps to fix problems that might arise. I was hoping to come across someone who may have had a similar issue with the filter to see how the fixed it.

I used to think that also when posting in tech help but.. I found that going through the link that Jon added and gathering the needed information, I usually found my own issue.

Cody