News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave dweller on vero. ****UPDATED with a forum tribute!****

Started by jimilee, March 02, 2015, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is a cave dweller on vero. You'll have to take my word for it, this was a real PITA to stuff into this enclosure and there is no way in hell I'm taking it back apart! Rather proud of myself though....in the event it stops working for some reason, I'll do something with it then, but it's a joy to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

icecycle66

We use the same solder roll.

jimilee

Fat roll from RadioShack probably 6 or 8 months ago. I guess that's not happening anymore is it?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

Dang! Looking at that makes my fingers hurt! You rock. This circuit is a ton of fun.

I was going to go to my local Radio Shack last week to find any closeout deals, but they already gutted and gated the store. Oh well.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on March 02, 2015, 05:48:26 PM
Fat roll from RadioShack probably 6 or 8 months ago. I guess that's not happening anymore is it?

Epic Squeeze!!! The RS in my area is still going strong. Or well... its still open anyway. I was just in there talking to the manager about his new Hearse... it's his second hearse. They are a franchise store though so I think its different than the corporate stores.

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 02, 2015, 06:47:58 PM
Dang! Looking at that makes my fingers hurt! You rock. This circuit is a ton of fun.

I was going to go to my local Radio Shack last week to find any closeout deals, but they already gutted and gated the store. Oh well.
I love this circuit too, I've used it for everything that requires a delay. This is like the third or fourth one I've built. This was supposed to be a 1590a deep blue that never worked right.

Stomptown

Nicely done!  I'm always impressed by vero, but a 1590A vero build is over the top!

selfdestroyer

Very cool Jimi. Vero in a 1590A is a double whammy for sure. Came out great.

Cody

icecycle66

Oh yeah, your build.

Awesome man.  Vero terrifies me.  I can't even get a Bazz Fuss to work on vero.

studiodunn

Nice work.

I can't get one of these built without issues. The last one I did sounded awesome......until I boxed it.
I have spent more time troubleshooting this circuit than all others combined. And I still don't have one boxed!

televisiondown

"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

lincolnic

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

TGP39

You've inspired me to try my first vero build. Thanks Jimi!

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

alanp

Pretty sweet A build :)

Your next mission, should you choose to build it, is the Dub Edition Cave Dweller ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website