News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass Effects

Started by mbass, February 27, 2015, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbass

Hey everybody!

I am a bass player and looking at some different effects to build for my rig, specifically the MBP Naughtyfish.  I have read some threads that mention that this pedal with the given values don't speak as well for bass as it probably could.  I'm new to the pedal game, but I was wondering if anyone had any leads on values to help make the Naughtyfish, or any other pedal for that matter, more bass friendly? 

flanagan0718

MadBeans
-Sabertooth
-MudBunny (Green Russian Version)
-Pork Barrel
-Nom Nom or Smoothie
-Cupcake

Grind Customs
-Fluff Girl (there is a group buy that ends today for it)
-Pit Fighter
-Rotten Comp?

jimilee

The naughty fish is fine for bass as is, the issue, I feel as a bass player, is that the sample hold is better with chords. The enveloping section works fine. I like a wah, delays are great, phasers are my favorite. My drives are from grind customs, byoc and
Jmk though. The compressors here are great as well. My favorite enveloping filter is the kraken or the swah in etchers paradise. My chorus is a byoc chorus, although I believe Bryan just introduced a smaller ce-2 clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

icecycle66

Jimilee likes phasers?  I had no idea.

Another thing to remember is that you can discover new sounds by not going strictly for "bass" effects.  While it's usually just a change in tone or EQ, sometimes a pedal built without bass in mind can lead you down new paths.

jimilee

Quote from: icecycle66 on February 27, 2015, 03:26:25 PM
Jimilee likes phasers?  I had no idea.

Another thing to remember is that you can discover new sounds by not going strictly for "bass" effects.  While it's usually just a change in tone or EQ, sometimes a pedal built without bass in mind can lead you down new paths.
Lies!!! You're a guitar player aren't you?? Resist the dark side, also socket your input caps and raise the values, that's really fun too. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.