News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NTD - Well look what just arrived...

Started by chromesphere, February 27, 2015, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

(NTD -> New tool day!)

Im blaming this squarely on you Dave (Pickdropper) :D  Seriously, you sir have opened my eyes to a world I didn't know existed.

What's the Erem club secret hand gesture again?  Maybe an empty wallet? :D

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

EBRAddict

chromesphere

I got them for 75$ AUD.  One of my suppliers has given me $50 voucher for ordering with them and I've wanted to upgrade my pliers for a long time...and they stock these...I had to... :(

EBRAddict

I hope you achieve a higher state of perfection while using them. I would expect nothing less.  ;D

pickdropper

Once you use good quality tools it's hard to go back.  I went way off the deep end with Erem stuff a long time ago.

Those look like my preferred plier type.  Smooth jaw with duck bills.  Nice.

Keep your beater pliers around for heavier materials.  Those Erems are for precision work like lead bending.  They'll deform if try and bend anything like SS wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

Thanks for the tip Dave, I would cry if I damaged them, ill remember that!

I think the only other Erem tools on my buy list are a couple of tweezers for the occasional SMT board.  I'll pick your brains about those in the future when the time comes if you don't mind :)

pickdropper

Quote from: chromesphere on February 27, 2015, 02:40:02 AM
Thanks for the tip Dave, I would cry if I damaged them, ill remember that!

I think the only other Erem tools on my buy list are a couple of tweezers for the occasional SMT board.  I'll pick your brains about those in the future when the time comes if you don't mind :)

Here's my advice on that:

Buy the cheap $4 Erems (made in Pakistan).  They work fine and you'll be able to buy a few different styles to find out which ones you like.  I only have one pricey pair of Tweezers and they are made by Wiha.  Tweezers are one of those tools where the cheap ones are often good enough to use.  Plus, if you drop the cheap ones and they get bent, you aren't as bummed out.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

Not sure I've seen those before! I'll have a look into it.  I agree, particularly because I don't use tweezers much anyway!

Ill definitely keep my old pair, they are needle nosed and can get into places these probably wont be able to.

Now I want to build something to test them out :D