News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fake mn3008

Started by march500, February 25, 2015, 11:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

march500

Any chance these are real and just re-labelled poorly? Thought I'd take a chance for $12.50 and it appears I was burned. Already initiated a dispute with eBay as "item not as pictured." They used stock photos of chips with real logos.  Unfortunately the ad3208(generalguitargadgets) and aquapuss builds I have are setup for xx32XX chips so I can't test them without doing some mods.

Scruffie

Wow that is bad :o

Afraid the only way to be 100% sure is to test in a verified build.
Works at Lectric-FX

march500

Haha yeah! Buyer beware. They haven't got back to me yet so I suppose eBay will have to step in. I suspect that's how they get people though--Is it worth it to go through the trouble for 12 bucks? Lesson learned. If I ever take a chance again I'll make sure I have something verified I can drop it into.

Scruffie

Said it before and i'll say it again... ebay for BBDs just ain't worth it, buy from a trusted source.
Works at Lectric-FX

chromesphere

Hey march, if you want me to test them for you I can.  Might not be worth the postage (im in Australia) but happy to go through the exercise to help you out!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

march500

Quote from: chromesphere on February 26, 2015, 01:26:26 AM
Hey march, if you want me to test them for you I can.  Might not be worth the postage (im in Australia) but happy to go through the exercise to help you out!

I actually ordered a pair from you about an hour after I received the fake ones!! I also got a pair from banzai before I knew about your site.  I wish I would have known-I would have just got all 4 from you.

chromesphere

Oh that's cool.  No worries, well when you build up your delay atleast you have a working pair (or 2) to test the quite possibly fake 3008's against!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube