News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover - Biasing questions

Started by luks999, February 25, 2015, 11:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luks999

Hi

the build doc says, to set all trimpot to their middle position, and all pots except "rate"
first, the volume is very low on the the middle position, so i turned it up to max.
Next, I only get a signal when the Bias trimpot is turned clockwise to at least 75%, before that theres no signal at all. is that ok or is something wrong in my build?

The clock trimpot behave strange too. whatever i set my bias trimpot, the pedal makes strange noises when the rates increased.
I have to setup the Clock trimpot to a minimum (nearly full counter clockwise)
Next, the flanging itself seems to lower the more i turn the clock trimpot up. legit?

the T1 trimpot works as described in the Doc.

The pedal seems to work overall, some chorus and flange sounds there, but i have to bias it different than in the build doc.
Also the flange (plane like sound) is not too loud

maybe i have some part values wrong? or does it sound correct overall?

thanks in advance and sorry for the long text ;)

Scruffie

Ignore the procedure, bias it to where the best modulated & unclipped signal is, you can reduce or short the (82k?) resistor off the bias pot to get a better range, then it should bias more in the center of the trim (bias does change slightly with clock adjustment).

Clock adjustment, to do it properly you need a meter with a frequency counter, otherwise you'll just have to set it where it sounds best.
Works at Lectric-FX

luks999

waaah i feel so dumb, forgot to jumper send / return. now the whole has a lot more flange :)

thanks scruffie :) did the biasing with ear, now the description applied a lot more to what i hear :)

march500

If you're still having trouble biasing, changing the 82k resistor to a 47k really helped my build.