News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Wolfshirt for a friend

Started by Cortexturizer, February 22, 2015, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

televisiondown

Love it! That's a great looking build inside and out!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

micromegas

It sounds sick! and can get very trumpety. I should build one too.

I love the snake-skin Blues Jr. btw.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Bret608

Looks awesome! I was just playing mine yesterday afternoon. I think yours sounds right. The non-octave mode should like a fuzzier, synth-like Muff--almost like there is still some very light octave-up going. If the sustain is set at 2:00 or higher, you should be able to get some almost backward-sounding swells if you sustain a single-note bend. I play a Blues Jr. as well, but it's one of the earlier, darker-sounding versions, so I can push the tone a little past noon with no problem.

Do you pick up the radio with yours at all? I'm thinking of re-boxing mine with the same type of jacks you used here. I live near a radio tower, so am wondering if that would help. Seems it would be the easier route than adding a cap and resistor filter at the effect input, as I've also considered.

rullywowr

This just oozes class.  The execution of every detail is stunning.  Nice.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Wow, great job! I love the faceplate as you get the etch just so clean on there. The shrink tubing is a great touch and really adds to the flawless insides.

Cody

billstein

Quote from: pryde on February 22, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
Really fantastic. Your builds (and demos) are just great, I enjoy all of them.
Totally agree on both points.

Cortexturizer

Thank you my fine sirs!

Bret608, you don't happen to live in Holland do you? I might have mistaken you for somebody...anyway, my friend is living in NL and now I am worried he'll experience some rfi cause previously we had a aimilar thing happen on an univibe that caught no radio here where I'm at but did considerably so in Holland. I did shield everything and all so I feel like I've done all I could. Time will tell.

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jimilee

Oh my gosh, that's absolutely bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Mich P

Love the plate on this !
Mich P.

pickdropper

Just beautiful.  I really like the dark border with the reverse etched text.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Quote from: Cortexturizer on February 23, 2015, 08:42:43 PM
Thank you my fine sirs!

Bret608, you don't happen to live in Holland do you? I might have mistaken you for somebody...anyway, my friend is living in NL and now I am worried he'll experience some rfi cause previously we had a aimilar thing happen on an univibe that caught no radio here where I'm at but did considerably so in Holland. I did shield everything and all so I feel like I've done all I could. Time will tell.

No I am in the states, but interesting to hear about the radio situation over there! I am just unfortunate enough to live close to all the radio and television stations in our city.

Leevibe

Superb. All of your friend's other friends are going to try to become friends with you now.