News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pug dogs

Started by alanp, February 21, 2015, 02:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I think I must be the only person who doesn't like pugs -- their squat bodies look like someone's spent some time with a woodwork vice, and the eyes pretty much always look like they'd pop out if you patted it on the back of the head, or if it nodded. Plus how the tongue often doesn't fit in the mouth.

I'll admit the documentary on purebred dog problems (and the 3 year followup doco) colours my views on them.

They look more mutant to me. Like "dwarf breed" cats.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

morganp

I always assumed people loved them based on how preposterous they are.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

dont-tase-me-bro

I've had three.  They are ridiculous.  If you're watching a movie, sometimes you have to wake them up because they are snoring too loud.  when they get frustrated, like the pug in madbean's picture with the cookie, they blow snot, and spin in circles
I thought this would save me money.

brucer

I'm a Labrador Retriever guy, but Pugs are pretty hilarious.  Just saying.

dont-tase-me-bro

Had them when I was a kid.  We named the first one Yoda.  The second one was black, wanted to name it Vader, but mom wasn't having it. 
I thought this would save me money.

rumbletone

Yes they are ridiculous. But they are awesome too. Ours:

pryde

Had a pug for many years. It's about the joy of how ridiculous they are. Truly a lot of dog in a little package.

lincolnic

I never really saw the appeal of pugs either, especially since we've basically ruined them in the name of breeding.

Corgis, though. Give me a corgi any day of the week.

Seriously, someone please give me a corgi. I promise I'll feed it and walk it every day!

madbean

Pugs are awesome. Pure lovedog. We have two. One is normal and very pug-ish. The other is deaf, missing one eye, has a partially crumpled body and her bark only comes out sounding like "MARK-LARK". I am seriously in love with both of them.

tcpoint

Here's my pug.  She's totally deaf.  She's getting old.

flanagan0718

Quote from: alanp on February 21, 2015, 02:20:39 AM
I think I must be the only person who doesn't like pugs -- their squat bodies look like someone's spent some time with a woodwork vice, and the eyes pretty much always look like they'd pop out if you patted it on the back of the head, or if it nodded. Plus how the tongue often doesn't fit in the mouth.

I'll admit the documentary on purebred dog problems (and the 3 year followup doco) colours my views on them.

They look more mutant to me. Like "dwarf breed" cats.

I'm with ya bud. I'm not a huge fan either. My wife said to me one day "let's get a dog!" to which I said ok. I then brought home a 90lb German Shepherd. She then said "I meant like a pug or something"...I laughed.

billstein

Golden Retrievers baby! Mine is the love of my life. Got a serious bromance going with him.

Cortexturizer

I would like a french bulldog :D
Pugs are incredibly ugly to me, and there's actually a thin line, aesthetically, between them and the f bulldog that's appealing to me.
All in all, all dogs are great as long there isn't a bunch of saliva hanging from their mouth. That's a line that I just will not cross.
Therefore I'm a cat person ✔
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pryde

Like I said, had a pug for years and she was a fantastic dog. Now we have a chocolate lab and she is just as goofy but in a much bigger package. Dogs. Rule. Period.

flanagan0718