News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Got a favorite 3PDT Footswitch?

Started by FloorIt, February 17, 2015, 04:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Quote from: juansolo on February 17, 2015, 10:28:09 AM
I hate 3PDT stomps with a passion. Unreliable pieces of shit.

John, I have a feeling they are all made in a few Chinese factories.. They change the color of the plastic but how are we supposed to know which are better? If you know please pass it on...

Daniel S.

blearyeyes

Quote from: nzCdog on February 18, 2015, 08:15:41 PM
I ordered some of the Mammoth 'Pro' ones recently after the same 'blue' issues.  They are rated for 16000 cycles or somethiing, more than twice what the blue ones are, so here's hoping they are more betterer :P

Same Here.

lincolnic

For what it's worth, I've used a couple of the Mammoth Pro switches and I thought that the actuation on them felt much smoother and more solid than the regular blue guys.

pickdropper

Quote from: lincolnic on February 23, 2015, 05:17:46 AM
For what it's worth, I've used a couple of the Mammoth Pro switches and I thought that the actuation on them felt much smoother and more solid than the regular blue guys.

Same here.  At least for the first few batches I got.  Then they went back to the familiar loud kachunktm when pressed.  They still seem to be a bit nicer than the regular blue ones, however.  I have a few earlier ones I am saving for special occasions as well as comparison.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Quote from: pickdropper on February 23, 2015, 06:00:59 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on February 23, 2015, 05:17:46 AM

Same here.  At least for the first few batches I got.  Then they went back to the familiar loud kachunktm when pressed.  They still seem to be a bit nicer than the regular blue ones, however.  I have a few earlier ones I am saving for special occasions as well as comparison.

Oh, bummer about that. I guess I should mention that the ones I had were also from a couple of years ago, so YMMV at this point.

garfo

I've started getting some pedals to fail on the 3pdt switches. I'm in Europe and usually I get the Taiwan 3pdt version from Banzai. I realize that they also have Alpha, Belton and Electro-Harmonix. Is any of these three a better stomp switch?

flanagan0718

I just ordered one of the "low profile" switches from BLMS. I'll let you know my thoughts once I get it.

deafbutpicky

I thought about a test set up for stomp switches, then I remembered this:

juansolo

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 23, 2015, 03:17:57 AM

John, I have a feeling they are all made in a few Chinese factories.. They change the color of the plastic but how are we supposed to know which are better? If you know please pass it on...

Daniel S.

Use DPDT Alphas or the soft touch momentaries that Tayda of all places do in conjunction with your switching solution of choice (relay/optical).

It's the biggest turn off for me in any pedal, opening it up and seeing any 3PDT. They might have been reliable back in the day when Fulltone came up with it, but they're really not now.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: deafbutpicky on February 25, 2015, 05:48:10 PM
I thought about a test set up for stomp switches, then I remembered this:

Ah, the useless box.  I have one of those on my desk at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)

garfo

I have never wired a box without using the 3pdt truebypass method, so I wouldn't know better!!!

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 25, 2015, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on February 23, 2015, 03:17:57 AM

Daniel S.

Use DPDT Alphas or the soft touch momentaries that Tayda of all places do in conjunction with your switching solution of choice (relay/optical).

It's the biggest turn off for me in any pedal, opening it up and seeing any 3PDT. They might have been reliable back in the day when Fulltone came up with it, but they're really not now.

Agreed about Alphas, but I think the Tayda switches are pretty bad.  I wouldn't get those with an expectation of higher quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)