News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Audio Magic with Bipolar Guitar

Started by Mojo Fandangle, February 16, 2015, 09:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo Fandangle

If you haven't seen this already, it's well worth checking out.
What a genius idea.

http://youtu.be/Wo7ZkRjXM3k

If my crappy attempt at embedding a Youtube doesn't work try looking up
Audio Magic with my Bipolar Guitar on Youtube. (then please post it for everyone)

Such a cool idea.

A similar effect with a momentary footswitch for just the delayed signal could be workable as a stomp box.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

midwayfair

Micpoc

drolo

Droogie

I kind of wish he had played one note isolated so that it was more evident what the rocker switch was actually doing. I couldn't follow as well when he was playing continuously. Maybe I'm just dense!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

selfdestroyer

Put it in a wah enclosure and call it a day! very clever effect for sure.

Cody

Mojo Fandangle

Quote from: Droogie on February 16, 2015, 04:32:40 PM
I kind of wish he had played one note isolated so that it was more evident what the rocker switch was actually doing. I couldn't follow as well when he was playing continuously. Maybe I'm just dense!
I'm pretty sure the rocker mutes the signal if it's not pressed fully down to the right or left which is how he gets the choppy effect with the brief muting between each side.
It just completes the delay signal when pressed to the right but complets the dry signal to the left. It's fairly simple but still a genius idea
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

Leevibe

cooder

Pretty wicked idea.... it would be indeed nice to have also a slow motion demo of what it does besides the fast and furios stuff which it shines at.
Some foot enclosure like a wah or so would be worth trying to have hand free operation.
I wonder if in slower operation you hear click pop and switch noises too much...?
Also: does he use a splitter/buffer of some sort to split the signal and then mix it together again?
Hmmm.... food for thought and worth some experimenting....
BigNoise Amplification

drolo

I think it would be hard doing that fast rhythmic finger tapping with your foot, unless you have extremely articulate toes :-)

Muadzin

I gots to get me one of those!

His left handed playing reminds me of Tom Morello, who does that quite a lot as well, his right hand gating his sound with his toggle kill switch. Add a delay and you can get a sound that is sort of similar. This guy took it to the next step. And I really do want one of those.

juansolo

Think how much better it'd work if you fitted that into the guitar in the lower horn area of say a tele... I reckon with some refinement it'd be genuinely useable.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

Quote from: juansolo on February 17, 2015, 11:55:07 AM
Think how much better it'd work if you fitted that into the guitar in the lower horn area of say a tele... I reckon with some refinement it'd be genuinely useable.

We both think alike!  8)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: drolo on February 17, 2015, 09:25:46 AM
I think it would be hard doing that fast rhythmic finger tapping with your foot, unless you have extremely articulate toes :-)

I was thinking that also but if you made a pedal that had 2 momentary switches flat to the enclosure so there is very little path of travel it may work.

Cody

mmlee

A step sequencer to choose which path is 'on' would be fun.
>Marcus