News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deluxe Vitruvian Man

Started by pickdropper, February 14, 2015, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

It feels like a long time since I've done a build for myself.  This is a build of Brian's really cool Dirtybaby board.  I built up the board and liked it enough that I wanted to box it so I could actually use it.

The graphic is based on Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.  It's obviously a modernized version; I'm quite pleased with the way the etch plate turned out.  I did my best to capture some of the little details of the original.  :-)

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Very nice as usual, those 10mm lens with the threaded ring are perfect... need to re-stock on those.... also! those boss style knobs non-skirted, where did you grab them?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 14, 2015, 04:51:27 PM
Very nice as usual, those 10mm lens with the threaded ring are perfect... need to re-stock on those.... also! those boss style knobs non-skirted, where did you grab them?

The knobs are from Small Bear.  I like them quite a bit, actually.  Going to grab some more on my next order.
Function f(x)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on February 14, 2015, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 14, 2015, 04:51:27 PM

The knobs are from Small Bear.  I like them quite a bit, actually.  Going to grab some more on my next order.

I'd grab some with you if you're in... end of derail!  :P
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

televisiondown

Bet you feel a little funny when you hit that toggle.

Great build...clean guts!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

bcalla

The Vitruvian Man seems happy with how it came out, too.   ;)

pickdropper

Quote from: bcalla on February 14, 2015, 04:57:33 PM

I think he's still holding out for a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.   ;D

Function f(x)

m-Kresol

cool build Dave. I really like the circles around the stomp and the big ass bezel
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on February 14, 2015, 04:45:49 PM
The graphic is based on Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.  It's obviously a modernized version; I'm quite pleased with the way the etch plate turned out.  I did my best to capture some of the little details of the original.  :-)

LOL, most excellent.  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

slimtriggers

Is that Vibrato mode or are you just happy to see me?   ;D

chuckbuick

That is sharp, Dave.  Doesn't get much cleaner.

studiodunn

cooder

Absolutly spiffin tidyness and cool looks all around!  :o
BigNoise Amplification

RobA

Quote from: pickdropper on February 14, 2015, 05:19:55 PM
Quote from: bcalla on February 14, 2015, 04:57:33 PM

I think he's still holding out for a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.   ;D
This gave me an excellent chuckle. Hopefully he'll get a big grant, but they're likely to just send him one of those rubber covers.

Great build too!
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

icecycle66